DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the discussion thread for Fox NY's MPEG-4 transition. Please log all issues, indulge in gleeful exhortations, and give your suggestions!

·
Godfather
313 Posts
None of the DNS East feeds show up with HD in the title in the guide (a la FOXEHD, its just FOXE) whereas right below them the West feeds have HD in the title (a la FOXWHD). I thought they didnt go through until I added them and saw the HD programming.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, thanks I meant to fix that. I just couldn't remember the call letters when I built the thread.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
WNYW HD looks good to me so far today.

·
Legend
201 Posts
My apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere and I just haven't come across it yet, but what's the difference between this and the feed I have been getting just by dialing in channel 5 on my H20? (No - no OTA here - just the dish) I'm guessing this isn't just a mirror of the same MPEG4 feed?

Thanks,
- Chip

·
Legend
149 Posts
Chip Moody said:
My apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere and I just haven't come across it yet, but what's the difference between this and the feed I have been getting just by dialing in channel 5 on my H20? (No - no OTA here - just the dish) I'm guessing this isn't just a mirror of the same MPEG4 feed?

Thanks,
- Chip
Because you're in the NYC DMA you can dial channel 5. If you're outside of the NYC DMA and received waivers from DIRECTV to access FOX East Coast (WNYW) you would have to dial channel number 398 since channels 1-70 are local channels.

·
Legend
201 Posts
Thanks alex. Since I have (grandfathered) west coast feeds for the big four networks, does this mean I might see the HD versions appear? :) (No - I'm not getting my hopes up)

- Chip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.