DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have previously set Series Link recordings on one of the legacy MPEG2-HD channels, you should reset the Series Link so that you can now record them in MPEG4-HD.

The channels that changed today are listed in the following thread: http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=1707738&postcount=16

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
Is the information all up to date now?

I tried changing one of mine (Ultimate Trailer Show on HDNet) at about 4pm this afternoon via the search for title and it wasn't showing up on the new channel (only the old one). I was able to add the Series by searching the guide, however.

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
bobnielsen said:
I updated a few this morning (HDNet Movies) by selecting the old one in the todo list and searching for episodes. It found the new ones.
Tried that too, but didn't work for me.

Just tried searching for Utimate Trailer Show again and it still only comes up with episodes on 79. I can't select the old ones in the todo list or the previous Series Link, because I've already deleted those.

·
Godfather
331 Posts
I was able to change my SLs for my HDNet recordings (Ultimate Trailer Show, Rick Steves, and Nothing but Trailers) by deleting the old SLs in the Prioritizer, then navigating to 306 in the Guide, highlighting the channel, pressing "Info" so that all of the upcoming shows on 306 show up in the list, then going to the shows and setting up new SLs. I waited a couple hours for the episodes to populate in the Prioritizer and voila, 15 upcoming episodes of Ultimate Trailer Show (16 Nothing but Trailers, and 13 Rick Steves') on 306.

--Mav

·
Godfather
331 Posts
Question. Do the SLs need to be reset for the new MPEG-4 channels that used to be mirrored MPEG-2 channels. That is, if I had a SL for Pardon the Interruption on 206, do I need to "reset" that SL even though there wasn't a channel change?

Thanks.

--Mav

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
Maverickster said:
I was able to change my SLs for my HDNet recordings (Ultimate Trailer Show, Rick Steves, and Nothing but Trailers) by deleting the old SLs in the Prioritizer, then navigating to 306 in the Guide, highlighting the channel, pressing "Info" so that all of the upcoming shows on 306 show up in the list, then going to the shows and setting up new SLs. I waited a couple hours for the episodes to populate in the Prioritizer and voila, 15 upcoming episodes of Ultimate Trailer Show (16 Nothing but Trailers, and 13 Rick Steves') on 306.

--Mav
Yep, that's the same workaround I mentioned in the second post. Weird that some of them don't come up in a title search or SL/todo episode list though.

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
Maverickster said:
Question. Do the SLs need to be reset for the new MPEG-4 channels that used to be mirrored MPEG-2 channels. That is, if I had a SL for Pardon the Interruption on 206, do I need to "reset" that SL even though there wasn't a channel change?

Thanks.

--Mav
No.

·
Godfather
331 Posts
spartanstew said:
Yep, that's the same workaround I mentioned in the second post. Weird that some of them don't come up in a title search or SL/todo episode list though.
That is strange. Maybe the database being searched is just taking some time to get "corrected". Going through the Guide and just having it list the upcoming shows on a given channel probably wouldn't be implicated in the same way. Just a thought.

--Mav

P.S. I did a title search for "Red" (an upcoming movie on HDNet Movies) and got results for both 79 and 306.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.