DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago I noticed that the MPEG4 channels (99 & 103) were breaking up starting around 10am. At first I thought the dish was out of alignment. So I made some adjustments.

99s mid 90s
101 upper 80s low 90s
103c upper 80s low 90s
103s mid 90s
110 mid 90s
119 zero (obstructed since day 1)

Everything worked great until the next day. Then the same problem. It started sometime after 10am. I checked the signal strength - all good still. Channels on 101, 110 came in great. 99 & 103 were breaking up. This is happening on all receivers. Internal temp is 118 to 120.

This has been a daily occurance now and if I reboot my receivers the problem goes away.

Since the break up is happening on all receivers, I think it's the LNB. I do not have an external multiswitch. The lines come straight off the dish to the receivers.

Does this sound like an LNB issue? What else can I check.

HR20's and HR21

· Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mertzen said:
Run power with an extension cord from another circuit. it might be bad power or ground leaking.
But this happens with all receivers throughout the house. I could understand if I only had one receiver, but all of them? They all clear up with a reboot. hmmm.

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
Gah, posted too fast, or didn't read through. Does it happen at the same time every day or randomly.

Could be indeed LNB problem them. But would't rule out power issues yet.

· Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mertzen said:
Gah, posted too fast, or didn't read through. Does it happen at the same time every day or randomly.

Could be indeed LNB problem them. But would't rule out power issues yet.
It seems to happen after 10am. I'm guessing the Sun his hitting it, heating up the lnb . When the dish is shaded, it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Tonight I'm going to cut some cardboard up and use it as an 'insulator' from the direct sunlight. See if there is any break up. If not, then it's got to be the lnb, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.