DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to move recordings from one receiver to another via MRV?

Direct sent me a HR24/100 to replace my HR22 since they told me it would not work with MRV. I assume the HR24 is a better receiver. I have some programs though still on the HR22 that I'd like to somehow archive so I can still watch them.

It would be great if I could somehow move them to the HR34. Is this possible with MRV or some other means?

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
MRV only streams programing, it doesn't move it.
All recordings are coded to the hardware they're recorded on, so even if you got into the drive and copied them to another drive, they would only play if the drive was in the original receiver.

· 1*
9,917 Posts
dawgfan63 said:
Is it possible to move recordings from one receiver to another via MRV?

Direct sent me a HR24/100 to replace my HR22 since they told me it would not work with MRV. I assume the HR24 is a better receiver. I have some programs though still on the HR22 that I'd like to somehow archive so I can still watch them.

It would be great if I could somehow move them to the HR34. Is this possible with MRV or some other means?
While you can't move them to the HR24 from the HR22, I would still keep the HR24. You will find it to be much quicker and more responsive than the HR22.

- Merg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.