DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BIG Dish alum
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have MRV subscription. My main DVR is a HR-24. I want to replace the HR-24 with a HR-34. Do I have to cal D*** before I exchange the receivers or can I change them and then call D*** to activate the HR-34 and make it the main receiver in the MRV?

Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
273 Posts
dieguy said:
I have MRV subscription. My main DVR is a HR-24. I want to replace the HR-24 with a HR-34. Do I have to cal D*** before I exchange the receivers or can I change them and then call D*** to activate the HR-34 and make it the main receiver in the MRV?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Hello dieguy,

I have always swapped out the old piece of equipment for the new one and then powered on the new one before calling in D*** to activate the new equipment. I also told them the status of the old equipment such as moving to a new room or sending it back home to D*** :icon_cry: . In the latter case a recovery kit needed to be sent. :hurah:

·
This Space for Sale
7,466 Posts
Ok.

If I was upgrading to a 34, I'd keep the hr24 and get rid of the h25. Additional backup recordings plus ability to pause, FF and Rewind live TV. No additional monthly fees. Unless you need the 25 for its size.

·
AllStar
172 Posts
As long as everything is working right. There wont be anythign special for activation in the D* systems it will just start a 24 month contract the day it's activated as all HR34 are leased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.