DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it still around? I downloaded right from MS last year but didnt like it so I uninstalled it. But I would like to get it back to play around with it. I dont see on on MS website and Ive been searching Kazaa but nothing, but then I dont expect to see it on Kazaa since its freeware anyhow.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks a lot James! :)
I have it downloading right now

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FP Express is a lot better then I remember, granted not as good as Front Page or Dreamweaver, but a lot better the Netscape Composer. It will stay on my PC this time.

· God Bless America!
2,534 Posts
Steve, don't worry. You'll be deleting it soon enough again. If you can't afford a decent editor like Dreamweaver, stick with Notepad. It's far superior to FrontPage Express. Heck, even Mozilla composer (free, with Mozilla web browser at www.mozilla.org) is far superior to FrontPage Express.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Dreamweaver but like I said I just wanna play around with FP Express.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually like it, kinda, I just created a simple page. Its just like word with with the added bonus of doing HTML coding. It rates 3rd out of 4 on my list of WYSIWYGs that I've used.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heres my ranking of wysiwyg web editors
1- Macromedia Dreamweaver
2- MS FrontPage
3- MS FrontPage Express
4- Netscape Composer

· Founder
17,247 Posts
Originally posted by Mark
Steve, don't worry. You'll be deleting it soon enough again. If you can't afford a decent editor like Dreamweaver, stick with Notepad. It's far superior to FrontPage Express. Heck, even Mozilla composer (free, with Mozilla web browser at www.mozilla.org) is far superior to FrontPage Express.
Come on Mark quit being an elitest. FP Express isn't all that bad. For the beginner it's an excellent way to get aquanted with web authoring tools.

Steve,

I used FP Express for a while when I started my first web sites several years ago. I basically got tired of coding HTML in notepad and needed something quick and easy to write generic web pages. FP Express works great in that regard. But, with some of the new tools out like Dreamweaver and such, FP Express is pretty much outdated though still fun to play with.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the back up Chris ;)
Now for an interestring turn, Mark why do you dislike Front Page Express so much?

· God Bless America!
2,534 Posts
Because I tried it and had nothing but trouble. Not only does it not make good web pages, it's quite good at destroying web pages you import into it (far better than the real FrontPage, which is amazing, as my main complaint about FrontPage is how good it is at destroying pages imported in it).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.