DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mountain West TV: No news is bad news
Source: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4546131?source=rss

Negotiations to get television satellite services Dish Network and DirecTV to carry The Mountain regional sports network, which televises Utah and BYU games, are dragging on.
"There's a lot of hope that Dish and Direct will carry the network, we just can't give you a deadline on when that's going to be," said Javan Hedlund, associate commissioner for the Mountain West Conference.
See Source Link for Rest of the story

·
Cool Member
31 Posts
Of course, I have the option of watching a live PPV broadcast over the internet, for $15-20 a pop, or pay a similar amount for a 1 day package from DirecTV. Not being a devoted fan of either team, I've found other things to do during those times. Guess I and other satellite subscribers are lost customers for those advertisers.

·
Godfather
359 Posts
richardeholder said:
Of course, I have the option of watching a live PPV broadcast over the internet, for $15-20 a pop, or pay a similar amount for a 1 day package from DirecTV. Not being a devoted fan of either team, I've found other things to do during those times. Guess I and other satellite subscribers are lost customers for those advertisers.
Yep, the $20 internet pay-per-views are ridiculous. How long can this debacle of a television contract go on before some schools move to withdraw from the MWC?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
581 Posts
It is interesting that Air Force supported this network with the idea that they would not have to play Thursday night games - as it is extremely hard for the cadets to do this. Yet they still had to play on Thursday with the new network.

·
Godfather
449 Posts
What a joke this whole thing is. I don't even have the option of Comcast in my subdivision so I can't have "The Mountain" even if I was willing to try cable.

I hope a resolution is reached sooner than later, but I won't hold my breath!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.