DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I caught a couple of back to back episodes of MTV Cribs. We couldn't get over how egocentric and full-of-themselves these characters were. One guy did something like make a pancake, then bragged that he did that "for free", like he should get paid anytime he moves his hands. And they all have their homes set up like a shrine to themselves -- maybe they all have inferiority complexes and need all this stuff to build themselves up.

Anyway, there was one guy, I missed his name but he's a fairly new NBA player in Houston. He didn't spend his entire 15 minutes telling us how great he was. He did point out a picture of him and his grandmother. And his house looked quite normal! Nice guy makes good; What a breath of fresh air. :)

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
I hate MTV Cribs, it just sickens me to watch it. I do not care about Justin Timberlake's "pillow room" where he goes to "chill out" during the 3 days that he's living in his manson each year. Neither do I care about Mariah Carey's 6 walk-in closets full of shoes and dresses that she has worn to the past 15 MTV VMA's. MTV Cribs is just another outlet for celebrities to spill their egos to the mindless, airhead teenybopper generation. I hope this show goes away...soon.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Being a NASCAR fan I watch the edisode on Dale Jr. His house is pretty cool, he has his own night club complete with a bar and big screen in his basement. But other then that I mever watched or had any interest to watch it.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well a few years ago, we had a tv news crew show up to my sister's super bowl party in the French Quarter. They spent the day and took lots of footage inside and out for some special on, Travel Channel or Discovrey, I forget which one. Anyway, we didn't ask for any compensation. And no one talked about how great they were....

These stars feel like they are entitled. :nono:

·
Godfather/Supporter
342 Posts
You realize that a decent portion of those houses that the so called "musicians" live in are actually owned by the recording companies. They simply live in them until there time in spotlight has passed. Most of these people never make much money, a record going gold is really not much of an accomplishment anymore (in terms of money anyway)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
I enjoy the MTV Cribs show, but I have to agree that the stars seem to be so full of themselves and showing off all of the luxurious features of their homes.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
My favorite quote is from Cribs is:

"if you gonna run with the big dogs, you gotta have a Bentley, so here's my Bentley, and my Caddy, and my Porsche..."

How many cars can one person drive at a time?

Also - Master P's gold plated stair railings were my favorite luxury item.

Some of the people have normal houses and lives, but some are just extravagant beyond belief. I only have one thing to say to them - remember MC Hammer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.