DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up 2 hd dvr to my network 2 weeks ago. The multi room feature has been working flawlessly until tonight. I check all my network settings and everything is connected fine. The recievers just dont see each other. Any advice? Or because this is beta it is what it is?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,090 Posts
cyberl1 said:
I hooked up 2 hd dvr to my network 2 weeks ago. The multi room feature has been working flawlessly until tonight. I check all my network settings and everything is connected fine. The recievers just dont see each other. Any advice? Or because this is beta it is what it is?
Try the red reset button on each dvr. after the reboot proceedure completes on both units, check to see if it's working again.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,886 Posts
The recommended method to restart is to use the menu option. RBR (Red Button Reset) should only be used if the unit is unresponsive.

In order of preference
Menu - Restart
RBR
Unplug the power cord

·
Hall Of Fame
3,588 Posts
Before resetting the receivers you should also try restoring the network defaults, or resetting the newtork settings (can't remember exactly what it's called).

·
Premium Member
36,634 Posts
Beerstalker said:
Before resetting the receivers you should also try restoring the network defaults, or resetting the newtork settings (can't remember exactly what it's called).
If you had a random reboot, you have to reboot your router to get the HRs to "see" each other, even tho they might still be in the Status listings.

In any case, rebooting your router will usually cure this problem. Might as well reboot your cable modem while you're at it.

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.