DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy -

Me again. My old DirecTivo box (Sony SAT T60) had a coax output that I used to feed two TV's in other rooms. Coax worked fine for me - I split it via an amplifier and ran the coax upstairs - one line per room. The TV's aren't HD, so that's not an issue.

The HR20 doesn't have a coax out, so I need to run something else to the other two rooms, and I thought I'd tap the collective intelligence here. What are people doing to support multi-room setups with the HR20?

- Scott

·
DBSTalk Club Member
367 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
shankin said:
Howdy -

Me again. My old DirecTivo box (Sony SAT T60) had a coax output that I used to feed two TV's in other rooms. Coax worked fine for me - I split it via an amplifier and ran the coax upstairs - one line per room. The TV's aren't HD, so that's not an issue.

The HR20 doesn't have a coax out, so I need to run something else to the other two rooms, and I thought I'd tap the collective intelligence here. What are people doing to support multi-room setups with the HR20?

- Scott
Assuming you are not going to convert the displays to HD you need a RF modulator. Here is one http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...igkw=modulator&kw=modulator&parentPage=search

If you decide to convert to HD there are lots of options, you could use a distribution amp or a matrix switch but you would need to run coax lines to each room.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As the echo of my hand slapping my forehead dies from the room, I have to again offer my thanks for the numerous solutions to my dilemma. I especially like the cost of the items suggested - it has enormous appeal to my, um, frugal side. :D

Thanks again, all! :goodjob:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.