DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does directv still allow activations with ethernet cables run? or will they have to give me a whole new setup for multi room? I have 9 recievers (yes I know its high, and yes we really do have 9 recievers) some of them older models...but I have 2 hd dvr's and one hd box upstairs that I want connected and already have ethernet run to them...will directv allow this?

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way I would go and see if I could activate the Multi room on my account, BUT my hd dvr's and Hd box wont be here till sat...and to get a straight answer from Directv dont happen....and also the 3 that are coming will make the 9..thanks.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,482 Posts
Go Beavs said:
You can activate MRV unsupported but it sounds like it's becoming more difficult.
The last few posts by people who have followed the instructions in the thread you linked to suggest that it has become remarkably easy.

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
harsh said:
The last few posts by people who have followed the instructions in the thread you linked to suggest that it has become remarkably easy.
If its not easy for me I'll take it to the BBB department of Directv... I just had a good experience with them getting me my HR24 I wanted, so I really can't see them arguing enabling something I'm going to pay for and never expect support from them on it.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,640 Posts
harsh said:
Great, thanks for the info! I hadn't read that thread for a few days.

EDIT: yeah, re-reading that thread looks like it's no big deal. Email away! :)

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all! the best method would be if the installer sees my system isnt the right one for MRV and gives me all needed equipment for free (swim?) that would be awesome, but I already have ethernet run to every room as it is.....so this as a backup would work great. thanks again!

·
Mentor
51 Posts
harsh said:
It is very easy. I submitted the email this morning and 15 minutes later it was activated.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,482 Posts
madisonjar said:
thanks all! the best method would be if the installer sees my system isnt the right one for MRV and gives me all needed equipment for free (swim?) that would be awesome, but I already have ethernet run to every room as it is.....so this as a backup would work great. thanks again!
DIRECTV doesn't send out installers to do unsupported WHDS.

For current customers, they send out installers for $$$ ("up to" $240 depending on your standing) to do "supported" WHDS.

In this case, "supported" means that they will offer you troubleshooting assistance should your DECA network not function properly. If you don't pay for a professional WHDS installation, you aren't eligible for that troubleshooting assistance whether or not you use DECA.

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry it should read...when he brings the new HD DVR's and HD box I am hoping he will hook me up with all the stuff I need for multi room viewing as part of the package...but I doubt it, I am doubting he even brings the right equipment.

·
MANC
1,510 Posts
A lot depends on what sort of switch DirecTv's accessorizing machine adds to your work order.

If its a SWM16 and the tech activates something with a built in deca all sorts of nasty little things auto pop in his handheld.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,482 Posts
madisonjar said:
sorry it should read...when he brings the new HD DVR's and HD box I am hoping he will hook me up with all the stuff I need for multi room viewing as part of the package...but I doubt it, I am doubting he even brings the right equipment.
I don't think you need to worry about DIRECTV (or their contractor) setting you up with all the goodies for WHDS if you're not paying the professional installation fee.

On the other hand, if you pay the fee, they'll do it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.