DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, 75% of the time our bedroom receiver has to be tuned to the same station as the living room to get the living room to display the picture properly. I am thinking it is a bad multi switch.

What kind and type of switch do I need? It us in the crawl space and while my husband is out of town, I am unable to get down there to check it.

We have the following receivers

1 HD DVR HR21
1 HD H21
1 DVR R15

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Since you have HD equipment you should already have a Zinwell WB68 Multiswitch. You should find four cables from your dish connected to the multiswitch SAT IN jacks, and 8 outputs for your Receiver/DVRs. First thing to do is verify that all of those coax connections are snug, dry and corrosion-free.

Be sure that there are no coax splitters on any of your coax cables.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
evan_s said:
That might be a bad switch but it sounds more like some sort of signaling or power issue.

How long has this been installed for?
Has this always happened?
Have you changed anything?
5 years since install

The problem started abot 4 months ago. It does not happen all the time. I have also had lot of problems with HD broadcasts.

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
So what happens if you change the channel to channel to a different channel? Does it always show a screen saver on the same channel each night?

I've had a port go out before but I've never had one that mirrored another port. You could swap it to another port on the multi-switch.

·
Godfather
354 Posts
Could be a bad multiswitch but could also be a defective coax run between LR and switch. Try swapping the BR and LR receivers, otherwise get to the multiswitch and move the LR coax to a different output on the switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.