DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Godfather
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if you have cables coming into the house from a multi-switch, can you add another multi-switch from those cables coming in or do have to run the cables from the original multi-switch?

I want to add a second dvr (R15) to my living room tv with my Dtivo, and I don't want to drill anymore holes if I don't have to.

I was thinking to take the cables from my Dtivo add a multi-switch and then I'll have 4 cables.

Thanks for any help.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,450 Posts
cybok0 said:
I want to add a second dvr (R15) to my living room tv with my Dtivo, and I don't want to drill anymore holes if I don't have to.
Warm up the drill and get out your bits. If you want four tuners, you need four wires from the top level multswitch.

·
Godfather
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
harsh said:
Warm up the drill and get out your bits. If you want four tuners, you need four wires from the top level multswitch.
They have 2 multi-switches outside already that are full, so they'll have to add another outside and run cables.
ok thanks.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
cybok0 said:
Just a regular dish, no High-def.
If you only have the regular 18" dish, then you may be able to do what you want and that is add a multiswitch with the two cables to your DTiVo.

It all depends on whether or not your current multiswitches are cascadeable. What is the make and model # of your current multiswitches?

·
Godfather
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Herdfan said:
If you only have the regular 18" dish, then you may be able to do what you want and that is add a multiswitch with the two cables to your DTiVo.

It all depends on whether or not your current multiswitches are cascadeable. What is the make and model # of your current multiswitches?
I have no idea, D* installed them and there under the house.

·
Legend
234 Posts
cybok0 said:
I have no idea, D* installed them and there under the house.
Since you're dealing with a single LNB (dual output) Sat A-only dish it doesn't matter. IOW, yes, you can run the two lines that are currently feeding your DTiVo into another 2x4 multiswitch and feed both DVRs off of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.