DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you cannot multiplex in catv/ota signals with the sat feed as with the old d tivo units. However, is there anyway around this?? I hate to run more cable in the house.

Can I multiplex the signal coming off the zinwell to the older d tivo units??

Are there any shortcuts to this??

Thanks for the advice!!

D.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
litzdog911 said:
Yes, you can diplex an OTA signal at the output of the multiswitch, as long as that output is not feeding an H20 or HR20.
This is what my installer did, he said only one combined feed can be used out of the Zinwell 6x8, there is a specific port which will diplex. I have an HR20 and an old Sony box in my living room so that one has a diplexer with my OTA split out to the big screen and smaller TV and the sat feed going to my old Sony box. He ran 2 new lines for the HR20 for a total of 3 cables for 3 sat and 1 OTA feed.

·
3 Posts
Is there any way to get 2 HD signals diplexed on one cable? From my multiswitch to the HR20, there is only one cable run and it would be terribly difficult (read: I'm not going to bother) to run a second. So, how do I most easily enable dual tuner-ness?

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
yokozuna said:
Is there any way to get 2 HD signals diplexed on one cable? From my multiswitch to the HR20, there is only one cable run and it would be terribly difficult (read: I'm not going to bother) to run a second. So, how do I most easily enable dual tuner-ness?
Not possible with the AT9 5-LNB dish. There are expensive stacker/destackers that work with the 3-LNB Phase III dish ....
http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?prod=SS212

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.