DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 2 HR20s installed yesterday. 1 is working fine; the other is not getting a signal. I also have an Ultimate TV box which is still active.

I currently have an Eagle Aspen multiswitch (DTV4X8) with the following configuration:

-all 4 lines from new dish going to multiswitch
-outputs 1/2 going to HR20 #1 - no issue
-outputs 3/4 going to UTV - no issue
-outputs 5/6 going to HR20 #2 - no signal
-outputs 7/8 are unconnected

The installer said that I did not need to change my existing multiswitch. I recall people saying that the HR20 needed a Zinwell ZB68 to work. This is a new house with 2 RG6 coax to each room - most are unconnected and I have not had a chance to confirm that the wiring (labeling, etc.) is correct for the room that is not working but I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with the switch.

Haven't played around too much yet but looking to see if it's anything obvious.

One other note: the box which is not connected is going to an SD TV and I noticed the installer did not put the conditioner (?) on those two lines. They are on the lines which go to the HR20 connected to HDTV.

Thanks,

mvkajsk

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,135 Posts
The conditioner is a B Band converter. Do you get any Signal at all or just certain
channels?

To answer your question, the Eagle Aspen should have been replaced but it would
not result in a complete NO SIGNAL on every sat.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Your installer needs to change the multiswitch to the Zinwell WB68 if you want your HR20's to "see" new MPEG4 HDTV channels. But the old multiswitch should still pass the normal MPEG2 channels.

Try swapping the "good" HR20 with the "bad" HR20. That will tell you if it's a DVR problem or something wrong with the cables or multiswitch outputs feeding that room. You could also try swapping outputs on the multiswitch to see if the problem "moves".

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,435 Posts
After you've confirmed that HR20 #2 works at all, try putting it "ahead" of the UTV on the switch.

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it was a wiring labeling issue - resolved.

Of course, now I'm seing choppy/unstable HD playback, dropped recordings, etc. but that's another topic...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.