DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I already know the answer to this one but I figured that I would ask anyways.

Here's my setup:

AT9 4 lines out going to WB68

From the WB68 I've run 4 lines to my living room and 4 lines to my bedroom.

If I were to get another WB68 could I just use the 4 lines that run into the living room and the 2nd WB68 to make 8 lines in the living room?

Or would I have to cascade from the main WB68 to the 2nd WB68 within a specific length from the original WB68 and then run the new lines into the living room?

My thought is that once I get D* to give me a deal to replace my owned HR10 with an HR20 [After OTA is on and bugs are worked out better] I'll keep the HR10 [With 500gb of drive space] hooked up just to record/store a bunch of movies in HD. I'll need 6 lines, at least 5, into my living room to do that though.

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
captain_video said:
The specs on the WB68 say it can't be cascaded. Like I said, this topic has been discussed numerous times so do a little leg work on your own if you don't like the answer you've been given. You decide. ;)
Dude, no one said I don't like the answer. I was simply commenting as I got 2 answers 1 yes, 1 no...

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason I ask is because I can't feasably run another 2 lines all the way from where the multiswitch would be and was wondering if I could somehow split them from the inside where I just need 2 more lines.

Oh well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.