DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use a switch, like a 5X8, that has a antenna/cable input, then diplex
it out before the receiver? We have a terk TV44 on our 2LNB, only using one of its
inputs, diplex before 2X4 switch, then before receiver.
Really like to still get our rural local station.

I'm a rookie at this, but I did do our 1LNB to 2LNB for Ultimate TV. This appears
to be much more.

Thanks, jim:shrug:

·
Super Moderator
12,863 Posts
The AT9 and HR20 will eventually (sometime in 2007) use frequencies that are the same as over-the-air and cable, so that will prevent diplexing satellite and antenna/cable over the same coax.

The only multiswitches currently rated for the complete spectrum bandwidth needed for this are the Zinwell WB68 (6x8) and WB616 (6x16). I understand another manufacturer will (or maybe already is) manufacturing a compatible switch. However no compatible switch will have an antenna/cable input on it.

The best solution if you want AT9 and HR20 and also want to retain over the air, is to run a separate line for the OTA antenna. You will need four lines between the dish and the multiswitch input, so you have to run some additional cable anyway. Might as well pull a 5th line for the OTA.

Carl

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carl6 said:
The AT9 and HR20 will eventually (sometime in 2007) use frequencies that are the same as over-the-air and cable, so that will prevent diplexing satellite and antenna/cable over the same coax.

The only multiswitches currently rated for the complete spectrum bandwidth needed for this are the Zinwell WB68 (6x8) and WB616 (6x16). I understand another manufacturer will (or maybe already is) manufacturing a compatible switch. However no compatible switch will have an antenna/cable input on it.

The best solution if you want AT9 and HR20 and also want to retain over the air, is to run a separate line for the OTA antenna. You will need four lines between the dish and the multiswitch input, so you have to run some additional cable anyway. Might as well pull a 5th line for the OTA.

Carl
Carl thanks, I also just saw cpenfiels post about switches. The two more for the switch is easy, 10', but the OTA would have to go 70', other end of house, and
down a wall.

HMMMM:(

Thanks again,
jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.