DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
AllStar
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If, the Merger happens, will we see Music Choice added to the Music Chanenl offerings on Dish? The quality is alot better than Muzak. At least I can hear the 80's Channel in Stereo vs. Mono with Muzak.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
I like music choise better, I never heard it before, but all songs are unedited, that puts them #1 with me.

·
Godfather
360 Posts
It will probably be MC becuase the new company will be D* runned by Charlie.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
MC has a channel called "Atmospheres" - channel 838. It is very much like piano and guitar channel on Muzak. My favorites on MC, though are Light Jazz (839) and Progressive Rock (818). When the family is gone, I crank the stereo and really enjoy listening to them.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Primestar had the 30 channel DMX suite, never had MC. I think Muzak will be the provider if the merger happens, the company is going to still be Echostar it's just the service is going to be called DirecTV.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
The mono channels were never intended for residential subs, so it is very unlikely they be converted to stereo. And for whatthey were intended to be used for it good that their mono. Dont shoot me please :)

G

·
My guess is they will stay with Muzak because I'm sure Muzak has a hard contract with E* since Muzak depends on the E* birds for delivery of Muzak service to all commercial accounts. I don't think they would have shifted all services from their old delivery system to E* without some assurances.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Kck, you just brought up an interestring point, what about the commerical Music Choice subs that are using D* to recieve them.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,722 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Mehs
Primestar had the 30 channel DMX suite, never had MC.
This is acutally NOT true. Right after DirecTV bought Primestar, they switched out DMX for MC, so they got the same 30 channels that were on D*. Of course, since P* went dark after D* switched everyone over, maybe that's why nobody noticed...

·
Godfather
314 Posts
I didn't think I was crazy (yet). I remembered having Atmospheres w/ P*. It and Hot Hits were my favorites. I knew there had been a change in music providers but couldn't recall the timing. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.