DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Godfather
Joined
·
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone foud out why the HR20 is getting a disconnect after playing about 3 songs from a WP11 server?
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
869 Posts
oldguy1 said:
Anyone foud out why the HR20 is getting a disconnect after playing about 3 songs from a WP11 server?
This is a known issue. After about 7 minutes of no input to the HR20, a data packet is sent to the server that causes it to stop sending audio data to the HR20. The workaround for now is to run your picture library on shuffle to keep communication happening between the two boxes.

I hope this is fixed on the next release.

Check out the Information Resources Sub-Topic for more information on the networking features.

Good luck.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
1 Posts
packfan909 said:
This is a known issue. After about 7 minutes of no input to the HR20, a data packet is sent to the server that causes it to stop sending audio data to the HR20. The workaround for now is to run your picture library on shuffle to keep communication happening between the two boxes.

I hope this is fixed on the next release.

Check out the Information Resources Sub-Topic for more information on the networking features.

Good luck.
Packfan
Could you explain a little more on the picture shuffle and playing music at the same time?! I'm unsure of what to start first.
Thanks
Briz
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
869 Posts
briz65 said:
Packfan
Could you explain a little more on the picture shuffle and playing music at the same time?! I'm unsure of what to start first.
Thanks
Briz
I always start the music first. Then go back into the quick menu to your pictures folder. I always select the All Pictures folder and then shuffle. Give it a few seconds to start the picture shuffle. If you want to control the music, press the yellow button to toggle back to change tracks. Yellow again will take you to control the pictures. Hitting stop twice will get you back to TV programming. Make sure you are not on an XM channel otherwise the screen saver will kick in. I usually run my music with the TV off so I don't burn out the plasma from the black bars that are showing when you run pictures.

Good luck
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
So it is WMP11 that is "stoping" the serving of the files, because it doesn't receive a "call back" from the HR20?

To me it sounds like WMP11 (and Media Connect), may also need to be "tweaked" to not require a "talk" back after 7 minutes.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,914 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
So it is WMP11 that is "stoping" the serving of the files, because it doesn't receive a "call back" from the HR20?

To me it sounds like WMP11 (and Media Connect), may also need to be "tweaked" to not require a "talk" back after 7 minutes.
I find that TwonkyMedia Server does the same thing but it takes a while longer.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top