DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Music&Pics menus

900 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  oldguy1 
#1 ·
My music & pics menu does not show the same things as WMP11 nor Nero Mediahome server.

How/where does the HR20 get its menu for music&pics?

#2 ·
From the RSS type feed that the WMP11 or Nero Server; Sends to the HR20.

Those Media Servers are actually responsibile for sending the "list" to the HR20. The HR20 doesn't catalog your files, it only knows what the Media Server tells it.

Why they are different... I don't know.

#3 ·
So how is the Nero Media server with the HR20. Is it working?

#4 ·
Which one, if either Nero or WMP11, shows the complete list?
Which version of Nero are running, 6 or 7? Is it the latest release?
Did you let Nero make adjustments to the firewall settings or did you set them or did you turn the firewall off?
Are you cacheing your content in Nero?
Did you let Nero auto select a port to use or did you assign one?

Spanky

#5 ·
Spanky_Partain said:
Which one, if either Nero or WMP11, shows the complete list?
Which version of Nero are running, 6 or 7? Is it the latest release?
Did you let Nero make adjustments to the firewall settings or did you set them or did you turn the firewall off?
Are you cacheing your content in Nero?
Did you let Nero auto select a port to use or did you assign one?

Spanky
I found the answer in WMP11. Apparently the HR20 uses the tag information of the song(s). You can edit the tag info with WMP11.

I don't know id Nero uses the same tags or not.

#6 ·
Mixer said:
So how is the Nero Media server with the HR20. Is it working?
It works well. Plays longer than WMP11 without timing out (Nero 7)

#7 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
From the RSS type feed that the WMP11 or Nero Server; Sends to the HR20.

Those Media Servers are actually responsibile for sending the "list" to the HR20. The HR20 doesn't catalog your files, it only knows what the Media Server tells it.

Why they are different... I don't know.
Apparently the HR20 uses the tags for the songs. If the RSS feeds are sending different tags, that may change the display.

In WMP11 Library, you can select a group of songs or artists and change the Genre to get the group of songs together in one Genre.

How do yo set up an RSS feed to WMP11 or the HR20?

#8 ·
I could not get WMP to work for me at all. I went with the twonky setup. It works in my setup and plays until I stop it, pics and music.

Reason why I was asking about nero is, I have nero 6 and I could not get that to actually work. It appeared to be some kind of firewall blocking it but even turning off the firewall, it would not play anything, but would display it as if it would work. Nero has a lot of good stuff and I use it for other things, but not as the media server. I very rarely use the HR20 for a player from the PC, but it is nice to have the option.

#9 ·
oldguy1 said:
Apparently the HR20 uses the tags for the songs. If the RSS feeds are sending different tags, that may change the display.

In WMP11 Library, you can select a group of songs or artists and change the Genre to get the group of songs together in one Genre.

How do yo set up an RSS feed to WMP11 or the HR20?
I verified the tags are in the file information . Any changes you make to the tags in WMP11 will be seen by Nero.

Kinda a kludge using WMP11 to manage the files and Nero server to interface with the HR20, but as I say, Nero plays longer than WMP11 but I haven't found a way to edit the tags in Nero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.