DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
No, the snipping tool is working on my Windows 11 desktop. PrntScr key brings it up with choices of Rectangular, Freeform, Windows, or FullScreen snip. Alternate shortcut is Win+Shift+S.
In Windows 10, the PrntScr key sequence works just as it did in ancient windows times (snapshots the desktop to the clipboard). In Windows 10 there is a "Snipping Tool" app (that is being retired in favor of the "Snip and Sketch" app going forward) that I thought might be what you were referring to on your laptop.

Snip and Sketch adds cropping and markup tools to the Snipping Tool.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,243 Posts
In Windows 10, the PrntScr key sequence works just as it did in ancient windows times (snapshots the desktop to the clipboard). In Windows 10 there is a "Snipping Tool" app (that is being retired in favor of the "Snip and Sketch" app going forward) that I thought might be what you were referring to on your laptop.

Snip and Sketch adds cropping and markup tools to the Snipping Tool.
I was referring to the fact that the Snipping Tool app is still available in Windows 11. If I click the Windows key and start typing "Sn" the Snipping Tool app is what shows up as a result. The results window offers to open the app or take a snip with a few seconds delay. Yes, a window appears after I take a snip offering to open Snip & Sketch so that I can save it or edit it. And Windows 11 is on my desktop machine, not my laptop.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts