Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
614 Posts
LockMD said:
Just got my 3rd HR20 today :)

came with RC34 remote, while I was on the phone activating, FedEx showed up with another HR20, appeared to be a refurbished one (plain white box w/D* logo) I refused that one.

I hope this one lasts longer then the other two. Just to rule out HDMI, I have this one connected via componet.
Return kits are sent from DirecTV to send units back that are leased and have been deactivated, or defective. They come in white boxes with a DirecTV logo as you described. Call DirecTV and have them send another one. They would never send a replacement in that type of box. It would come in the original container.:nono:

Ignoring a return kit will get you a charge about two weeks after you fail to return it. Return kits are prepaid, all you need to do is package the receiver your returning, and call a toll free number to have FedEx pick it up and return it to DirecTV.

·
Banned
614 Posts
LockMD said:
I received my 1st (3rd HR20) earlier while at work, came in original box with a RC34 remote (DD is backwards - I set to on and it goes off, I set to off and it comes on. Go figure :confused: )

My 2nd (3rd HR20) came (in the plain white box) while I was on the phone with D* activating the one received earlier. I refused it to the FedEx guy per D*'s instructions.
To get clarification on what was sent go online and find out by clicking on orders and it should give you some details. Otherwise call DirecTV when you can to find out what's up.

You mentioned one or two units were buggy, did DirecTV send you out a replacement or did you really order 3 HR20 units for 3 rooms? If your equipment is leased or defective and a unit was to be returned to DirecTV they would send the return kit to you.

I'm shocked if they sent a replacement in the same box they use for returns. It's obviously used and not new/ refurbished.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.