DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-
This is actually the first time I've ever posted on a forum at all, so I hope I'm following all necessary guidelines! I just got my 622 about a week ago. Everything has been fine until the last 24 hours. The box keeps shutting off on me and resetting. The main change in the last day has been that I put the box on top of my receiver. I assumed, of course, that it was overheating, but when I feel it, it's not really that hot - maybe a little warm, but not anything that seems abnormal. I've just pulled it back off of the receiver to see if that changes anything. Has anyone else had this experience or any suggestions? Thanks to everyone!

Dish 622
HD Platinum
Vizio 50" plasma

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ChuckA said:
The 622 runs very hot all by itself. Placing it on top of another component would not be a good thing to do. Nor would placing anything on top of the 622. If it just started when you moved its location, my guess is a heat problem.

If the reboots continue after moving it back to its previous location you may have a bad unit that needs to be replaced. It should not reboot itself during normal use.
I'm guessing then that I must have a bad unit. It was on top of the receiver with no cabinet or anything. It's all exposed to the air, and the receiver hasn't even been turned on, so I know it isn't generating heat from below. I've moved it to a table top all by itself this morning and it continues to turn off. And now the weirdest part - I've turned the 2nd tuner off thinking mabe it wouldn't work as hard, and the 2nd tuner turned itself on for no apparent reason after about 15 minutes.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ron Barry said:
What do you mean that the 2nd Tuner Turned on by itself? Are you saying the box went into dual mode? Are you sure the box is resetting and not just turning itself off? Do you loose audio and video for about 3 to 5 minutes?

When does it reset? Are you doing anything at the time or just watching a program. It is possible to get a bad 622 (there was a bad batch when they first released), but it does seem to be a lot less frequent.

If you go to your diagnostics page and look at your counters... What are they?
Looks like a bad box because it just flat out won't turn on now. I've unplugged and replugged, hit every power button known to man - it makes no noise, emits no light, and gives no signal to my TV.

D...E...A...D.

I'll be calling dish today to get a replacement, but thanks so much to everyone who helped!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.