DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have probably an unusual circumstance where I recently added phone service to my bundled internet & tv through CenturyLink. I am not seeing the "My CenturyLink" option on my D* menu where I can access my caller id / voicemail / etc. I'm guessing some sort of manual intervention is going to have to happen from either CenturyLink or D* for this to happen. Calls to both CenturyLink & D* have not gone well - they generally have no idea what I'm even talking about. The last person at D* offered me a credit (along with the usual up-sells of premiums) as it "wasn't working and didn't know when it would be fixed". Has anyone had any luck finding anyone that knows how this works? I have tried restarting one of my receivers and that did not work. The receivers are connected to the internet through a broadband deca.

Thanks!
Steve

· Godfather
513 Posts
It should be an automatic download on your receiver. Where do you live because it is only available in the old "Qwest" territory. I also need details on your modem and what receivers you have. Calling Centruylink and Directv won't help because as you already know, they don't know anything about it.

· Godfather
513 Posts
Unplug the modem for about 30 seconds, during that time menu restart the receivers. Plug the modem back in. Wait for up to 48 hours for the feature to download.

Also do you have port forwarding setup for any device in your house? (To check go to 192.168.0.1 -> Advance Setup -> Port Forwarding).

If the feature does not show up after 48hrs, send an email to [email protected], Subject: ATTN BRIAN. Explain your situation and remember to provide your account information (Name, Address, Phone Number). I had the same problem you have a few months ago and he should be able to help you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.