DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a DirecTV + HD DVR that if I shut it off, in order for it to turn back on, I must unplug the power cord and plug back in, then wait a very long time while it says checking cxonnection Step 1 of 2, then Checking connection step 2 of 2, then I get a directv logo forever, and then it says downloading channel info could take up to 24 hours?? Oh yeah and When turned off, the remote and the front panel are totally unresponsive.

Can someone please enlighten me as to what is causing this or if I need a new DVR?

Thanks ahead of time,

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
The box is toast!

Call DirecTV to get it replace.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
polishpipes10 said:
Hi,

I have a DirecTV + HD DVR that if I shut it off, in order for it to turn back on, I must unplug the power cord and plug back in, then wait a very long time while it says checking cxonnection Step 1 of 2, then Checking connection step 2 of 2, then I get a directv logo forever, and then it says downloading channel info could take up to 24 hours?? Oh yeah and When turned off, the remote and the front panel are totally unresponsive.

Can someone please enlighten me as to what is causing this or if I need a new DVR?

Thanks ahead of time,
When it is running, Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Power Save. Check to see that it is set to OFF.
This probably has nothing to do with it but it is worth a look to see if possibly that is affecting it.
As others have said, I would call for a replacement.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Make sure your DVR is not connected to one of those "smart" power strips.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.