DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seemed for some weeks that my DP was working very well. This past week, hopwever, is another story. I have continuously ran into a "black screen" problem, where I either have a long blinkout, to where the screen stays black indefinitely, until I change the channel and change back (sound still works, though). This is happening greater than once per day now. Ouch. Last night while changing channels I got the Pink Screen of Death. I had to pull out and re-insert the smart card to continue.

Just when I had hope for the DP...

Has anyone else experinced these lately?

· Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
For me it happens sporadically. I wa sready to give up on mie as it not only had no guide info but would not take a download. then it accepted the 3 AM download and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

· AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jacob, I don't think the pink screen is intentional, I think it is some sort of bad lock up state, nicknamed the Pink Screen of Death. I don't use WebTV, so I don't know the current charges, sorry.

· Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
I am not sure that they are intentional but the pink and blue screens each relate to software failures. Perhaps a better tech person could answer the question.

· Icon/Supporter
627 Posts
I believe the color of the pink screen is related to a background requirement for displaying the WebTv screens. So I would venture that a PSOD indicates failuer in WebTV software component. Not necessarily internet screen, but any of the DP screens that use the WebTV u/i (Home, EPG, recording list, etc..)Blue/Black SOD is E* rcvr software related (locks up while viewing a channel).

Of course I could be way off.

· Legend
117 Posts
larry, I have a web plus box and plus service. It's still 24.95 a month for the web tv plus service. If you use your own internet provider, then the monthly charge goes down to 14.95. My IP monthly charge is 19.95 for unlimited time. As far as the dp, I've learned to live with the few bugs it has. I don't think it will ever be perfect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.