DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
21,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after many years, my 508 went and died on me. I get no power on. The green light comes on for a few seconds (about 15) then shuts off, then on again and will continue this 24/7. It cycles about once every 1 1/2 minutes or so. I called in and got one of those "friendly" computer voices that asks me to state what I want. I don't talk to computers and hit "0" a couple of times and eventually got to a real person. I despise those voice response systems. They transferred me to tech support where I got disconnected. I called in again and went through the same routine and eventually got to a tech support person in Manila. He took the required info, signed me up for the warranty plan so the replacement will be free and said it will be here on Wed. Overall, aside from the one disconnect it wasn't an unpleasant experience.

I wonder if the replacement receiver will come with the new smart card.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
Richard King said:
I wonder if the replacement receiver will come with the new smart card.
I'm a Dish subcontractor. All of the reman receivers that I'm getting these days have the new (purple) access card, so it's likely that your replacement will have it.

Ironically, most of the brand new receivers DON'T have them. I assume it's because they were made and packaged (in Asia) before the new SmartCards were available.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
Looking over the notes of recent work orders, I'm seeing folks in my area are getting the new SmartCards sent to them, so folks who haven't gotten them yet should be expecting them in the next month or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.