DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife reports this morning that "My Hopper" no longer appears on the "DVR" screen, and she can't figure out how to get to EHD recordings (from a Joey)... has anyone else noticed this? She tried rebooting the Joey, but it's still gone. We're on S211 version for 1 1/2 days now. Yesterday, it was there, now it's not!

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
Assuming the Hopper works the same way as the 922 from which the GUI was first developed...

The "My Hopper" dropdown on the DVR menu only appears when you have an EHD connected AND recognized. So... lack of that dropdown means the Hopper does not see the EHD... and no amount of rebooting the Joey will fix that.

Have her either unplug and then replug the EHD from the USB port OR reboot the Hopper.

The hard drive may have gone into "sleep" mode OR the Hopper may have just glitched. Either of those should bring the EHD back to functionality.

Rarely do I have to reboot my 922.. usually just unplugging/replugging the EHD from the USB port does the trick.

But obviously that has to be done at the Hopper... not the Joey.

914 Posts
Have you tried unplugging the EHD from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds? It sounds like your wife may have pressed the Red reset button. When my hopper doesn't recognize my EHD, I unplug the Hopper and it is recognized the EHD after it reboots. If you continue to have problems, please let me know. Thanks.

cjohnsodbs said:
My wife reports this morning that "My Hopper" no longer appears on the "DVR" screen, and she can't figure out how to get to EHD recordings (from a Joey)... has anyone else noticed this? She tried rebooting the Joey, but it's still gone. We're on S211 version for 1 1/2 days now. Yesterday, it was there, now it's not!

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
Yeah... different versions of the problem require different solutions. I always try the most convenient first:

1. Unplug the EHD from USB, then replug.
2. Unplug power to the EHD, then replug.
3. Reboot the Hopper.
4. Unplug the Hopper from power, then replug.

Hopefully you never get as far as #4... The #1 is what works for me about 95% of the time when my 922 stops recognizing my EHD.

·
Icon
908 Posts
cjohnsodbs said:
Thanks, Ray. I think she just unplugged/replugged the Joey. If unplugging the USB doesn't fix it, I'll proceed to unplugging the EHD. I'll repost when I have an answer.
I have nothing but a personal experience for evidence but I tried plugging a wifi adapter into the USB port under S259/Joey. It worked but after nightly updates I could not link the Joey with Hopper/S207 until I disconnected the wifi from Joey. I had a feeling there was something unfinished with the USB port in Joey, just a hunch...?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.