DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Icon
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually not all that evil. I've had the rascal for several months now with very little to complain about, till yesterday. Several shows have been recorded and show up just fine on my list. When I hit "play" the screen asks me if I want to delete or not delete. When I hit not delete and hit play again the same thing happens, over and over again.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
It is a bug in the current release.

All you can do is restart, and most likely those recordings didn't record. :(

·
Icon
642 Posts
My wife would love that! She can barely stand the audio dropouts in the HR10!

·
Mentor
45 Posts
It's funny; I too occasionally get the same error, but if I hit play a second time it will play fine. As many have observed, doing a "reset everything" may help. I did one a few weeks ago and have not missed any recordings since.

·
Icon
797 Posts
The gas meter reader knocked my dish out of alignment so I had no signal during the work day yesterday and the things that recorded when the signal was out, showed in the list, but ehibited the immediate delete screen behavior. I of course know that they could not have recorded successfully. A red reset made them disappear.

Xaa

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
inazsully said:
Actually not all that evil. I've had the rascal for several months now with very little to complain about, till yesterday. Several shows have been recorded and show up just fine on my list. When I hit "play" the screen asks me if I want to delete or not delete. When I hit not delete and hit play again the same thing happens, over and over again.
I had this happen once, it did record and I was able to get it to play. All I did was try to play it 4 times, on the 4th attempt it started up just fine and played normaly

·
Icon
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem has gotten worse to the point that everything I record (the playlist says the program was recorded and when) now will not play. When I hit "Play" I am given the option to delete or not delete. After the newest download on 11-22 this problem appeared randomly but now it is 100%. I've tried rebooting several times and cycling between play and the delete message to no avail. I just talked to level 2 at "D" and was told I was only the 3rd or 4th person to complain about this issue. I've had this machine since before the first software upgrade with no problems. As of now this HR20 is worse than worthless. At least with the H20 I had OFA locals.

·
Legend in his own mind...
324 Posts
inazsully said:
The problem has gotten worse to the point that everything I record (the playlist says the program was recorded and when) now will not play. When I hit "Play" I am given the option to delete or not delete. After the newest download on 11-22 this problem appeared randomly but now it is 100%. I've tried rebooting several times and cycling between play and the delete message to no avail. I just talked to level 2 at "D" and was told I was only the 3rd or 4th person to complain about this issue. I've had this machine since before the first software upgrade with no problems. As of now this HR20 is worse than worthless. At least with the H20 I had OFA locals.
Before this thread, every report I've seen on the unwatchable bug basically says that there's no way to recover that recording, that when you reset the unit will delete the 'bad' recordings, and that one it starts recording 'badly', it will continue to do so until it's reset.

So your unit didn't delete the offending recordings when you reset, but they still did the "Delete?" immediately, on the same recordings? What about any new recordings?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Meklos said:
Before this thread, every report I've seen on the unwatchable bug basically says that there's no way to recover that recording, that when you reset the unit will delete the 'bad' recordings, and that one it starts recording 'badly', it will continue to do so until it's reset.

So your unit didn't delete the offending recordings when you reset, but they still did the "Delete?" immediately, on the same recordings? What about any new recordings?
There are 2 different bugs,

Unwatchable, black screen with a time code bar that will either be 0:0 or -x:-y, no trick plays will get it started, and if you reboot they will disappear.

and

a new (I think it started under 0xfa) unplayable bug (for lack of a better name) that as soon as you try to play it you are prompted about deleting it.

I have not seen the unwatchable bug under this version of the code yet, and I have seen the unplayable bug just once, that I was able to bypass by trying to play it 4 times.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It is a bug in the current release.

All you can do is restart, and most likely those recordings didn't record. :(
Yup. I had this happen. but after a red button reset all was fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.