DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Godfather
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to respond to direction commands, OK, Channel+/-, or number keys.

I had a HD program (Texas Bowl Game) recording on channel 95.
I hit Guide, then chose another program to watch.
I hit Guide again. Guide comes up.
-Direction keys not responded to.
-Channel up and down keys not responded to.
-Number keys not respnded to.
Exit works.
List works, but since the above list of commands doesn't work, all I can do is exit.
Action doesn't work.
Menu works, but can't be manuevered in. Only EXIT works to cancel it.
BACK doesn't work.

Very serious and frustrating flaw.
I will reboot when the game is over, although I can't tune to it in any way.

4DThinker.

· Godfather
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't, but just did try the front panel buttons. Direction/select cluster doesn't work. The only buttons that do anything are the same ones that are still working from the remote.

RBR I will, but not until the record light goes out. The HR20 DID successfully record two other shows (from my ToDo list) this evening, including changing the second tuner to the right channel to record them.

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Sounds like the Partial lockup bug

Bug Name: Partial Lockup AKA: Partial freeze or remote not working

Prognosis: Fatal, Requires Reboot

History/Status: Confirmed if in 0x10b by marty45714 & by Donnie Byrd, experienced in other version of code.

First Identified Report: 10-01-06, 07:14 PM by RAD

Symptom: Remote is unusable with the execption of a few buttons like list, guide, power, etc. The navigation buttons will not work, but video video and audio will continue to play, you can go into the play list but you can not move the cursor. You can go in and out of menus and turn the power on and off but no navigation and if I recall correclty the numbers don't work either.

Treatment: Requires rebooting

· Godfather
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, it was recording and I didn't reboot it until the game it was recording was over with.

The reboot DID work to solve the IR unresponsive bug. One would think they could make these boxes more reliable. The only time I have to reboot my computer is when some new software update asks me to.

BTW, here's wishing you all a wonderful new year! Yes, it's not quite here yet, but be safe anyway.

· Hall Of Fame
3,181 Posts
Before you do a full reset, try this and see if it works. Turn the reciever off. (After the game) Then press and hold the power button on the receiver for about 15 seconds. In some cases this will reset the receiver without going thru the startup routine. Let us know if it works. The channel 95 guide has been doing some strange things lately. Sounds like when you started the record it locked up the guide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.