Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Well after agonizing over the various problems I've had with the new DVR, I started back at the beginning. I started witht the dish. I did my own install and if you read some of my other posts, I am not allowed to mount the dish outside, stupid aprtments, so I have to get signal thru the window glass. Well as I was checking everything on the dish, I noticed that the top jumper on the 110/119 LNB was not plugged in right. After hitting myself in the forehead with a hammer, I plugged it in right and what do you know, I get good signal levels on 110 and 119 again. The AT9 really is a great dish.
So, I still had a problem with it getting the 00dc update and I was going to call D* this morning to have them send me a new box, but I checked the info screen and there it was 0xe3. So, now I can FINALLY get to know this sucker. So far, I am liking it. The guide really blows the HR10 away. Also the recording starts right away, no sitting and picking your nose while it starts up.
I will keep everyone up to date with my tests, right now I'm watching a show I recorded earlier on Discovery HD and so far, it is working flawlessly. I need to do the reset to see if my DD comes back, but right now I'm thrilled that it's working good.

Take care all,
Lowry

·
AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure. I will do it later tonight. I am getting ready to head out for a belated birthday filet. Hey thanks agian for the help, advice, and trial and error Litz.

Lowry

·
AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Howdy all,
Well, I did the reset this morning and presto, DD is working flawlessly now. I have been playing with this thing some more this morning and BAM, now that I got it updated and got my signal problem straightened out, I gotta admit, I really like this box. I did notice, running component out, I use the one HDMI I have for my DVD player, trhe ST HD is not quite as sharp as the component out of the HR10. It still looks great, just not as razor sharp. I am going to tweek my settings on the input I'm using for this and see if that might be it.
So far I have recorded several things, HD and SD, and the HR20 has done a great job. I have to say also that the SD channels do look better on the HR20 than the HR10. I'll post more as I play around with it.

Lowry

P.S. I don't have any web space to host pics on, so if you would like me to email pics of my dish install, please PM me with your email address and I'll send them to ya. I have 2 640x480 pics, so they won't eat too much email bandwidth.

·
AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, I watched a little bit of the Series last night on my local HD, MPEG4, and it looked pretty darn good. The more I try out the features of this, the more I like it!!

Lowry

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
photobucket dot com is a place where you can upload your pics.

·
AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should have mentioned that in the post huh. It's one of my old Phase III dishes that I haven't taken down yet. I have the base attached to an old jump-start box that bit the big one and it is nice and heavy and makes a good base. I have it off to the side so that it won't get bumped, hopefully. I run out of the AT9 to a Zinwell WB68 and from there to an SD tivo in my room, dual coax, one SD tivo in my roomate's room, also dual coax. I have my HR10 and the HR20 in the LR. I am going to put the HR10 in my room and run it into the DVI input one one of my Viewsonic 1912wb 19 inch LCD monitor. It will only do 720p, but it looks great. I run dual Viewsonics on my main computer and the second one I only use the analog input so I can switch between them and still use the computer.

Lowry

·
Banned
686 Posts
Lowry666 said:
I should have mentioned that in the post huh. It's one of my old Phase III dishes that I haven't taken down yet. I have the base attached to an old jump-start box that bit the big one and it is nice and heavy and makes a good base. I have it off to the side so that it won't get bumped, hopefully. I run out of the AT9 to a Zinwell WB68 and from there to an SD tivo in my room, dual coax, one SD tivo in my roomate's room, also dual coax. I have my HR10 and the HR20 in the LR. I am going to put the HR10 in my room and run it into the DVI input one one of my Viewsonic 1912wb 19 inch LCD monitor. It will only do 720p, but it looks great. I run dual Viewsonics on my main computer and the second one I only use the analog input so I can switch between them and still use the computer.

Lowry
Enjoy being a bachelor. I forget how great it was sometimes.

·
Icon
600 Posts
matto said:
Enjoy being a bachelor. I forget how great it was sometimes.
Yep. Wives are great for many things, EXCEPT making you clean up "your mess!" Guys do what's necessary to get the job done. Women are more impressed with "aesthetics" than "getting the job done!"

·
Banned
614 Posts
what kind of numbers are you getting on your satellites with your indoor AT-9?

·
AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get mostly mid 60s. Some are high 80s and I have a couple on 101 that are 0. I am very happy with the AT9. I had to use 2 Phase III dishes and still didn't get 110 at all. It's a PITA, but until I buy a house, gotta deal with it. I have 1100 sf for $800 a month.

Lowry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.