DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set my HR20 up to record The OC every week and 3 times now it hasn't worked. The 1st time the record light came on and the show appeared in MyVOD, but nothing would play when I tried to play it back. It showed the red buffer, but it had a weird time reference with it in the bottom left corner. I don't remember exactly what it was because I already deleted the program, but it was something like -2.58. It would just show and black screen and you couldn't fast forward or move the program at all.

Then the 2nd time this Wednesday the show didn't record at all. I remember seeing it on the to do list, but I don't recall if the record light came on or not. I was watching Lost on my HD Tivo. But the program doesn't appear at all in MyVOD. And then on Thursday when there was another new episode on I realized it wasn't recording again. So I just pressed the record button and the record light came on. But I was not able to rewind or fast forward at all. And after the show ended I check MyVod and the program was there, but woudn't play back. Just a black screen again with the red buffer.

I'm recording the show on channel 88. I've recorded other Fox shows with no problem like House and Standoff.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Mentor
38 Posts
I would delete the show from your Scheduler/Prioritizer and then try to set it up again. If you have it starting the record earlier, I wouldn't as I've had problems with that.

·
Mentor
38 Posts
kcn823 said:
Actually I have the program finishing a few minutes longer. Could that be causing the problem?
I'm not sure, but it sure wouldn't hurt to try not padding at all. I know I've had this problem when I pad the shows and haven't had it when I don't pad.

·
Legend
203 Posts
kcn823 said:
Actually I have the program finishing a few minutes longer. Could that be causing the problem?
We have The OC padded and it records fine. I will say that we have some issues with play back to where it starts getting skippy and no audio. We have to stop playback and then hit the play button again and all is good. This is typical for all programs we record on Fox's mpeg4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.