DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After initially starting off with release 0xEF, and having a few initial unplayable recordings, I have not yet had an unplayable recording since 0xF6. Let us hope this continues.

One glaring issue has to do with the screen formatting. I like watching shows in the aspect ratio under which they were recorded, so I prefer watching 4:3 shows in pillar mode. This mode has gray bars, the reason for the gray being that burn in is less likely on a projection TV, correct? If it were black or white you'd likely have a burned in 4:3 pattern eventually on your screen. So why are there small black bars in between the gray and the image? Doesn't this nullify the whole point of having gray sidebars? I am afraid to watch in pillar mode too much now, which sucks. My tivo had gray, then the image, no black bar. Seems like this is an easy fix. Is this fix planned, is it even an issue on somebodies issues list?

Another issue is the lack of "channels I receive" functionality, which I'm sure has been posted numerous times, but I'd like to add my own. Is it possible in the future, since directv already knows the "channels I receive", to automatically have this updated without me plunking through the entire list choosing the ones I receive, (a lot of which I'm not entirely sure of until I check, making the operation especially tedious). Is this a feature that is planned? In the short term, I 'd really like the ability to manually input them, as it keeps trying to record content that is on channels I do not receive, for autorecord keyword recordings. Lots of them.

Other than that, the box has been operating satisfactorily, other than being a little noisy now and then. Overall I like it

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.