DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mpls area has been getting a ton of installs of late so I had an install tech from Oklahoma who was up to help the load. I must say that it was my best installation to date. He was very nice and experienced and took his time doing everything right. I benefited by my 5.1 receiver blowing up the night before so I had to go get a new one (old one was 5 years old). Got a receiver with 2 HDMI inputs so I left my HR10-250 active and had him run 2 more lines in for the new receiver and split the OTA (whenever that happens, I will be ready). The HR10-250 is now assigned to the wife to fill up with chick [email protected]#$ and act as a backup for all the programs set to record on the HR20. Other than another nest of cables I am very glad I did this. Funny thing on the install is mine was set up for 1-5 on Saturday, a buddy 3 miles down the road (same city) had his set for 8-12 and at 11am his got canceled due to tech falling off ladder. I thought that mine would be canceled for sure but around 3pm he showed up and was gone by 5pm. So far I am happy with the receiver and in switching between Local HD on the HR20 and OTA on the HR10-250 I could not see a difference in quality.

On problem I have with the HR20 is the funky bright blue lights in the front, I have followed the instructions to shut them off (like I did on my R15) and it will not even dim. Very annoying in a dark room, anyone have thoughts on this?

Later, time to get some work done.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
mndwalsh said:
On problem I have with the HR20 is the funky bright blue lights in the front, I have followed the instructions to shut them off (like I did on my R15) and it will not even dim. Very annoying in a dark room, anyone have thoughts on this?

Later, time to get some work done.
On the front of the receiver, press the left and right navigation buttons and it should dim in stages...

THE EYE IS WATCHING YOU!

·
Legend
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Radio Enginerd said:
On the front of the receiver, press the left and right navigation buttons and it should dim in stages...

THE EYE IS WATCHING YOU!
tried that - same as the R15 still would not work - reset receiver, still did not work

It will be Duct Tape tonight, that will work

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
mndwalsh said:
tried that - same as the R15 still would not work - reset receiver, still did not work

It will be Duct Tape tonight, that will work
THE EYE WATCHES YOU WHILE YOU SLEEP.

You've pressed both left and right nav buttons together? How weird!

Duct Tape is a good substitute for sure. Good luck to you. :)

·
Legend
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Radio Enginerd said:
THE EYE WATCHES YOU WHILE YOU SLEEP.

You've pressed both left and right nav buttons together? How weird!

Duct Tape is a good substitute for sure. Good luck to you. :)
yep, I even opened the manual for that one, gave it to the wife and she tried it too.

Just Duct it, nice to have all that $$$$ invested in all the equip and have a 3x3" piece of duct tape.

·
Legend
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mndwalsh said:
yep, I even opened the manual for that one, gave it to the wife and she tried it too.

Just Duct it, nice to have all that $$$$ invested in all the equip and have a 3x3" piece of duct tape.
got home last night, and did the same thing I did on Sat and Sun and this time it worked, no more loud blue lights. Strange but 3 day was the charm.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
mndwalsh said:
got home last night, and did the same thing I did on Sat and Sun and this time it worked, no more loud blue lights. Strange but 3 day was the charm.
I think they call that a feature! :hurah:

Truly odd, happy to hear you got it resolved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.