DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I"m not in metro NY... I wonder if the nationwide shutoff has started.

It would have been nice if D* told us this was going to happen (I only know about the proposed shutoff thru dbstalk.com)

· Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Lost my FOX HD this afternoon. Apparently D* found out my local FOX isn't O&O anymore and shut me off too. Game is on NFL Network, BTW.

· Hall Of Fame
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks bear - I just wish they had told me instead of shutting off the middle of the Jets game. At least it's also on 212.

I don't think O&O has anything to do with it. All 4 majors in Philly where I am are O&O. The locals were happy to grant waivers a few years ago.

C'est la vie.

· Legend
332 Posts
Well, I'm mad as h*ll. Here it's nighttime and I'm ready to go to bed. Just wanted to check my TO DO LIST for the upcoming week. Tons of my Series Link programming is gone, gone, gone. I checked the GUIDE only to discover they removed the HI-DEF Nationals (ABC/FOX from Los Angeles) from my programming. I still get those feeds in SD, but no more HD.

Several things bother me about this. I called Direct TV tonight after being on the phone for over 30 minutes only to find out (even though I've had waivers for years) they were removed because of some SAT. HOME VIEWERS ACT. I still have the SD versions of the LA networks, so why remove just the HD channels? If some law says I'm not entitled to view those channels then I should lose ALL the DNS network feeds, not just the HD versions. I mean, what's the point?

And, I was never informed by Direct TV of this. No e-mail, no phone calls, no letters, nothing. This came as a complete surprise tonight.

Now, I'm going to spend the rest of my night reprogramming all my Series Links. Direct TV feels I can get HD on my "locals" so no big deal. Well, it IS a big deal. My locals have always been undependable, unstable in HD, and some channels broadcast what they call HD in 4:3 format, and some start out in HD then after a commercial revert back to SD, and on and on. No way does the quality compare to the Los Angeles HD ABC and FOX.

If this sounds rambling forgive me. I'm tired and now have 1-2 hours of work to do because some of the programming on those channels starts in the morning.

P.S. I know, I know. Don't reply telling me it's not Direct TV's fault. It is because they never informed me and put me in this position tonight.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr $&###@@*&^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.