DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this has happened 2 times in one evening. i set the r15 to record sleeper cell on showtime. i see the light that indicates recording, but when i hit "list" the show wasn't there. in the guide, the record symbol was there.

i checked the history, and "not recorded" was listed next to the show. why would this occur? i have been recording not by searches, but by looking up the program in the guide and pushing select.

any ideas?

thanks!

·
AllStar
67 Posts
Join the club :). If you look at the discussions on this forum, you'll see that everyone with an R15 is having this and similar problems. Annoying -- isn't it?

Anyway, there is supposedly a software update that may be released in the "near future". This will automatically be applied to your unit once it's put out there for general release, so you will probably just have to live with unreliable recording until this happens.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
rochrunner said:
Anyway, there is supposedly a software update that may be released in the "near future".
:icon_lol:
That line does say it all. Highlighting added by me.

BTW I have that new version and it is an improvement IMO. But it's also got some rather strange new behaviour issues that I've not seen before. I kinda view it like a three year old. Most of the time it's a great child, but when it gets tired and cranky.....watch out!!! :eek2:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,790 Posts
rochrunner said:
If you look at the discussions on this forum, you'll see that everyone with an R15 is having this and similar problems.
That's just not true. While many have posted about this problem, many others have posted that theirs works fine.

·
Icon
582 Posts
I have starting having problems with missed recordings for the first time in a long time just this week. Tried resets, no fix. Ended up trying to force a download, but it installed the same sw version (104B). I then deleted the SL and recreated it. Well, it did work again last night. We'll see about tonight. My -500 downstairs has not been as unreliable.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,777 Posts
qwerty said:
That's just not true. While many have posted about this problem, many others have posted that theirs works fine.
See my other post. Mine worked fine for about two months (since my 300 was replaced with a 100). Out of the blue, with no rhyme or reason, it stopped working normally and is now rarely recording.

Working fine today does not mean working fine tomorrow.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
raott said:
See my other post. Mine worked fine for about two months (since my 300 was replaced with a 100). Out of the blue, with no rhyme or reason, it stopped working normally and is now rarely recording.

Working fine today does not mean working fine tomorrow.
Have you gone into your SLs and checked Episodes on each one? There are times when SLs seem to loose track of the Episodes for that series even though they are in the guide.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,777 Posts
Wolffpack said:
Have you gone into your SLs and checked Episodes on each one? There are times when SLs seem to loose track of the Episodes for that series even though they are in the guide.
I checked a couple of them and they were showing up.

When I bring up "History" and look to the right of the screen for a given show, it shows "Not Recorded".

When I click on the individual show within the History menu, it then contradicts itself and claims that it did record it. But it really hasn't as it is not showing up in MyVOD and there is no option to play it from the History menu.

I'm going to delete all the series links tonight (I only have a few), and then re-add them to see if that fixes the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.