DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My replacement that was installed today came with the RC34 remote control. It looks identical to the RC24, however the buttons are slightly larger. I think the options are identical.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
My replacement that was installed today came with the RC34 remote control. It looks identical to the RC24, however the buttons are slightly larger. I think the options are identical.
RC34?

Or RC32RF ?

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
RC34?

Or RC32RF ?
It's is a RC34 (FCC ID MG32481), that's what printed on it... I'll post a picture...

Attachments

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Hmm..
I knew there was an RC34 in the works... but I didn't know it was completed or actually out there yet.

Cool.
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
12,589 Posts

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Godfather
670 Posts
Mine came with an RC24. Can someone tell me what the differences are?

I just called D* and they don't even know anything about the RC34. Did you folks purchase your HR20s from a retailer or from D*? D* also said that in order to use the RC32RF you have to buy an RF antenna for the HR20. Is this true?

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
I just got my new HR20 today. It came with the RC34 as well. I was hoping (assuming?) that this would be RF capable, but I guess not??

So, I just need to call DTV and pay them $25 for the RC32RF?

Thanks.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
JasonVW said:
I just got my new HR20 today. It came with the RC34 as well. I was hoping (assuming?) that this would be RF capable, but I guess not??

So, I just need to call DTV and pay them $25 for the RC32RF?

Thanks.
Is there a FCC sticker on the back of the Rc34? If so then it is RF.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Edmund said:
FCC ID: MG32481

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kram said:
Mine came with an RC24. Can someone tell me what the differences are?

I just called D* and they don't even know anything about the RC34. Did you folks purchase your HR20s from a retailer or from D*? D* also said that in order to use the RC32RF you have to buy an RF antenna for the HR20. Is this true?
DirecTV brought my replacement HR20 today (Installer) and it came with a RC34. My earlier post has a picture of it... It has all the same options as the RC24 with the exception of larger buttons.

·
Godfather
670 Posts
Edmund said:
Does the presence of an FCC sticker mean that the remote is RF-capable? I have an RC24 with an FCC sticker on the back of it. The installer programmed it as IR during setup....

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
kram said:
Does the presence of an FCC sticker mean that the remote is RF-capable? I have an RC24 with an FCC sticker on the back of it. The installer programmed it as IR during setup....
Yes, its capable of RF, it has the RF circuitry inside. But it doesn't mean its strictly RF, its IR as well.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
I guess I have one too - came with the box from Best But. It has a better feel and the buttons are more responsive.

I don't see an FCC sticker just a number 2 die (as is dice) sticker on the battery cover.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
JasonVW said:
Also, I paid $250 for the HR20 and I am told thats just a lease??

Does that mean if the HD goes bad that they will replace for free?

Thanks!
They'll service it, yes, but unless you have the extended service plan, you'll be responsible for shippng and/or service calls.

·
Godfather
670 Posts
Edmund said:
Yes, its capable of RF, it has the RF circuitry inside. But it doesn't mean its strictly RF, its IR as well.
Thanks. That's good to know. It doesn't say anything about it in the guide that came with the HR20. I guess I can program it as an RF, then.:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Everyone who has a remote with an FCC sticker on the back should try to program it for RF and see if it works.

The antenna is internal to the HR20 so you already have it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.