DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta love OSHA. The Mastec installer is here to install my new HR20 and Slimline dish and has advised me that OSHA regulations won't allow him to get up on a roof that has more than a 4/12 pitch. He said mine is about a 6/12 and if he were to fall off of it workman's comp wouldn't cover him and he's only been with them for 2 months so he doesn't have insurance. We're now waiting on his super to come out and see if he can clear him to get up there. He's a young guy with a family so I can see his dilema but I've been on that roof and it's not that bad. Oh, well. The only place a pole mount will work is in the front yard and I don't really care for that option. Looks like I may be mounting this thing myself tomorrow. If so, you can bet I'm hitting D* up for a credit.

·
Legend
231 Posts
deuce01 said:
Gotta love OSHA. The Mastec installer is here to install my new HR20 and Slimline dish and has advised me that OSHA regulations won't allow him to get up on a roof that has more than a 4/12 pitch. He said mine is about a 6/12 and if he were to fall off of it workman's comp wouldn't cover him and he's only been with them for 2 months so he doesn't have insurance. We're now waiting on his super to come out and see if he can clear him to get up there. He's a young guy with a family so I can see his dilema but I've been on that roof and it's not that bad. Oh, well. The only place a pole mount will work is in the front yard and I don't really care for that option. Looks like I may be mounting this thing myself tomorrow. If so, you can bet I'm hitting D* up for a credit.
If this guy does not have insurace he should not be climbing on any roof period.

G

·
A Mastec installer re-mounted my dish on the roof this morning. My roof is fairly steep, but he didn't have any issues with it. In fact, he really didn't have to even set foot on the roof. He stayed on the ladder and mounted the dish on the corner of the roof.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
The standard ODUs should normally not exceed 35 degrees for safety concerns. But it can go as high as 53 degrees, not sure about the HD dish though. Insurance or not safety always come first. Being on a roof is one thing. But working with tools and all is another.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.