DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllStar
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 receivers. They are the DP-Twin1 and DP-Twin2 . They have satellite 119 and 110 on them. One day my locals weren't showing up on 1 receiver. I ran a check switch and the 110 didn't show up. So I called Dish.

After checking some stuff he suggested I swap receiver locations and try it again. That way I'd know if it was the receiver or the connection to it. It was the connection.

So next I went up to my roof and looked at the actual dish. It was clean and I didn't want to take anything a part and screw something up so I decided to go into the attic. 2 cables coming from the dish into the attic then attach to the 2 cables running down the walls into the house. I swapped them. That way I'd be able to tell if it was the cables in my wall or from the dish to the point. Well I swap them and suddenly everything is working.

No idea how it happened.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Congrats!

You are one of the first to receive a visit from Chas, Echostar's virtual repairman.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
Chances are one of the connections were loose. Changing them tightened them and restored complete signal.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
garys said:
Chances are one of the connections were loose. Changing them tightened them and restored complete signal.
Or you removed voltage to the DP Twin on the dish giving a temporary reset that may show up again as a problem.:)

·
AllStar
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess it didn't work. It was out again last night. It moved to a different receiever this time so I know whatever the problem is its from the dish to the cable running into the house somewhere.

jwd

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
joe42 said:
Guess it didn't work. It was out again last night. It moved to a different receiever this time so I know whatever the problem is its from the dish to the cable running into the house somewhere.

jwd
If you have 2 receivers unplug both from the wall then plug them back in if the problem goes away think about a bad LNB.

·
AllStar
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
boba said:
If you have 2 receivers unplug both from the wall then plug them back in if the problem goes away think about a bad LNB.
Okay I did that. The problem went away. I'm still fairly new here and not familiar with the shorthand - So what's a LNB?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
joe42 said:
Okay I did that. The problem went away. I'm still fairly new here and not familiar with the shorthand - So what's a LNB?
It is Low Noise Block amplifier (feed). It is the device that is out front of a dish that picks up the sat signal. :welcome_s to the world of satellite forums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.