DBSTalk Forum banner

MyDVR online scheduling for ViP612 DVRs, ViP622 DVRs, and ViP722 DVRs getting close

9636 Views 34 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  lisacor
I check this page every couple days. it's not live yet, but they have linked the PDF with the instructions for when it comes out and it looks like exactly what I've been waiting for.

By accessing the My DVR link through www.DishONLINE.com, schedule DVR timers while away from home on your Internet-connected ViP612 DVRs, ViP622 DVRs, and ViP722 DVRs, and future ViP-series DVR receivers.
Here's the document http://www.dishonline.com/mydvr.pdf

You will be able to schedule remotely using dishonline.com
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Howdy, the link is still working, but they have taken down the link/information on MyDVR. What gives?
FastnoNOC said:
I check this page every couple days. it's not live yet, but they have linked the PDF with the instructions for when it comes out and it looks like exactly what I've been waiting for.

Here's the document http://www.dishonline.com/mydvr.pdf

You will be able to schedule remotely using dishonline.com
Looks like they are sticking with that lame Flash interface. :eek2: I hope the next step is to come up with a mobile interface for cell phone/PDA to bring it feature parody with D*.
PeteSJCA said:
Howdy, the link is still working, but they have taken down the link/information on MyDVR. What gives?
They may be re-considering what they planned to do. DirecTV has rolled out software for their older DVRs (like the TiVo models) that allow you to schedule timers via their site and once scheduled the information is scheduled via the satellite feed to the receiver (NOT via the internet that DISH was planning on doing). Perhaps DISH is planning the same thing. It seems more practical and does not require an internet connection to each receiver.
Whatever we get is better than what we have now so lets not get too pickey gents....,IMHO.
todbnla said:
Whatever we get is better than what we have now so lets not get too pickey gents....,IMHO.
I'm just disappointed as it was one of biggest points of feedback I gave them during the beta.
I think it's a bit trivial to find fault in using dishonline.com to schedule it. How many people do you know that don't have an internet connection but have a computer? you could do something like this with dial-up.
Does the ViP612 DVR have the HomePlug ethernet-over-powerline function built in like the 622/722 models do?
bjwilson said:
Does the ViP612 DVR have the HomePlug ethernet-over-powerline function built in like the 622/722 models do?
My understanding of it is that any ViP series receiver is Homeplug-enabled
The link to the page they removed (not that pdf I linked) still works. They just removed the link to it.

http://www.dishonline.com/mydvr.html
MattDL said:
My understanding of it is that any ViP series receiver is Homeplug-enabled
I can now confirm this. My new ViP612 automatically picked up an IP through the Homeplug that I bought and connected for my original ViP722.
Howdy, I noticed with the new software release that they have added the Web Activation choice to the broadband set-up screen, but i'm not finding any info on the Dish Online website about Online DVR Scheduling. Does anyone know when this feature will be made available?
Nice, but I already have a slingbox for this.
Lyle_JP said:
Nice, but I already have a slingbox for this.
That sounds pretty cluggy solution to me. Online scheduling is better.
The enabling of the network hardware is currently limited use of the "DISH Online" movie rental features. It can also eliminate the need for a direct phone since it can phone home PPV charges via the internet. I wouldn't assume that Online scheduling is close.
DustoMan said:
That sounds pretty cluggy solution to me. Online scheduling is better.
Perhaps, but my solution already works. It's not vaporware.
Lyle_JP said:
Perhaps, but my solution already works. It's not vaporware.
Vaporware? Online Scheduling has been in many many DVR products and most workwith any browser connected to the internet. I'd rather have my DVR talk to a server, then waste bandwidth sending video to drive a remote control from miles away. Using an application you have to take the time to install if you even can on the computer you would be using. It's neat, but not at all elegant. It might work for you, but don't knock the people that want something better.
Why in the hell do they have a damn blurb on the "off" screen about this? I go through the hoops to set up dishonline expecting it to work and see nothing!!! Not even a coming soon message.

Since I am still upset about the local programning guide not working right I figured this would a work around. I could be online at my local pbs and dish to schedule programs.

Anyone that beta tested this know about any firewall issues in doing this? Does the DVR poll the net to update the schedule?

Why would they use dishonline rather than disnetwork to do this?
manzelmo said:
Why in the hell do they have a damn blurb on the "off" screen about this? I go through the hoops to set up dishonline expecting it to work and see nothing!!! Not even a coming soon message.

Since I am still upset about the local programning guide not working right I figured this would a work around. I could be online at my local pbs and dish to schedule programs.

Anyone that beta tested this know about any firewall issues in doing this? Does the DVR poll the net to update the schedule?

Why would they use dishonline rather than disnetwork to do this?
Yeah I noticed that too. Don't advertise that it's now enabled when it's clearly not.
I now have the Web Activation menu on my DVR, but when does it come live, it is making me really mad...
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.