I have been experiencing an intermittent error 771 code on my upstairs hr-20. Downstairs is same model and no issues. Starting at the dish, I systematically began undoing all the connections. When I got below the deck, I discovered that the male to male connector that feed the upstairs DVR was completely corroded. I guess I found the problem! Frankly, I wonder how a signal got through at all.
Off to get some new continuous cable so as to not have to deal with that ever again!
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to digital bit streaming enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about programming, content, and reception, home theaters, displays, models, styles, satellites, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!