DBSTalk Forum banner

Mysterious recordings...

957 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  durl
I searched but didn't find this matter addressed anywhere.

Have there been reports of mysterious recordings showing up on the HR20 and HR21 hard drives that were not intentionally recorded? I'm not talking about Movies Now, but programs from regular channels.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Not that I'm aware of.... Could it be that you have an auto record set that is matching something that is triggering these recordings?
Yes I have had this happen.

It's called a 3yr old and an 18mo old playing with either the HR20's front panel or the remote.:D

We have had some strange recordings... :lol:

Now the HR20 is removed from everyone (in the basement aprox 6ft up on a shelf).
Sometimes a keyword autorecord will pick up something quite different than what you really are looking for. They often don't show up in the todo list until the day of the recording.
PersistenceOfVision said:

It's called a 3yr old and an 18mo old playing with either the HR20's front panel or the remote.:D

Now the HR20 is removed from everyone (in the basement aprox 6ft up on a shelf).
+1 here !rolling

Welcome to dbstalk! :welcome_s
PersistenceOfVision said:

You can't imagine the things a 15 month old will record.

My boy seems to have a preference for HBO and FX. Don't know why!

My entertainment center is in a closet, so he manages to get the remote everyday!

Keep your remote up high!
I've had it happen recently. HR21-700 with 0x235, and it's occasionally recorded the local news on our Fox affiliate at noon for no apparent reason. Also some random show on DIY recorded, and we don't know why. It's possible some keyword search triggered it, but I don't think so.
Press INFO and scroll to the bottom - there will be a brief description about the recording, with either a link to a prioritizer or a mention of a Search term that the program matched. (One-touch record is the most likely culprit.)
Drew2k said:
(One-touch record is the most likely culprit.)
Yeah, this is my suspicion as well. One of the kids probably turned the TV on and hit the "record" button by accident. I wasn't particularly worried about it, but it did seem a little odd.
I have had this problem in the past few weeks, i have even noticed two season passes or whatever D* calls them have been set up too.
I thought about the kids accidentally recording something but that couldn't be the answer. They weren't near the HR20 (miles and miles away) when I noticed the mystery recording plus it was a partial that started halfway through the program.

I wonder if I've accidentally hit "record" when I meant to hit "exit" but I really think I would have noticed the progress bar popping up with it's orange color. Plus one of the recordings was for a show that was never tuned to. (pardon the bad grammar...)

I'll check out Drew2K's suggestion tonight. That's good info.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.