DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I press LIST while watching a show, why doesn't the list appear with the show I'm watching selected?

It would make keep/delete/etc. much simpler than having to navigate back down through the list every time.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
That would be a great UI enhancement, wouldn't it?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
If you press play to watch the show from MyVOD, the Back button should take you to the list with the show you are watching highlighted and it will still be playing in the window.

If you press play to watch the show from MyVOD, the Stop button should do the same, but it will take you to live in the window if you are watching a show that is still recording. Or it will be live tv tuned to the last channel you are watching if it was recorded.

Now, if you select a show in MyVOD by using the select button, back will take you back to the info screen when you can delete and some other commands (I believe as I don't do this).

At least this is how I believe it works. I'm still trying to get it all straight myself.

·
AllStar
66 Posts
Heck, I was recording Heros last night and about half way through the recording I decided to start watching but it didn't appear in the list at all. I went to the scheduler and it said 'Recording'. The only way I could watch it from the start was to hit 'Play now' which was real time, then rewind to the beginning.

Peter

·
Godfather
488 Posts
In the unofficial tips and tricks, I think there is a undocumented shortcut buy hitting black twice when in the list. This should take you back to where you were previously. I have not tried it myself. This is a very big annoyance, please fix D.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
jgrade said:
In the unofficial tips and tricks, I think there is a undocumented shortcut buy hitting black twice when in the list. This should take you back to where you were previously. I have not tried it myself. This is a very big annoyance, please fix D.
What do you mean, "in the list"? The OP asked about going back to the list when watching a recording and being on the item in the list. I posted how to do it. Stop or Back works. Just depends if you want the show to continue playing in the little window or if you want it to go to live.

And I have just confirmed this to be the case. If you press the play button to play the program, back and stop will take you to the list. If you press select and then select on play on the info screen, back and stop take you back to that screen. Make sense?

·
Godfather
488 Posts
Well its was a typo. The tips and tricks says press BACK, not black, twice to go back to where you were in the VOD list. I need to read my posts before hitting submit reply. :rolleyes: I can see wher the confusion came from.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
jgrade said:
Well its was a typo. The tips and tricks says press BACK, not black, twice to go back to where you were in the VOD list. I need to read my posts before hitting submit reply. :rolleyes: I can see wher the confusion came from.
I wasn't confused about black vs back. I knew what you meant. But you said "in the list" and the OP was asking about being in a recording.

·
AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get it. Thanks for the tip. I'll try to retrain myself to use the BACK from now on.

Here's the thing: is there a good reason for LIST not to also jump back to the current program?

I realize this is another of my TiVo-mindset-based expectations. If things like this are deliberate design choices, then I have no problem with them. It's not a TiVo, I can't expect it to be just like one.

If it's just something that the programmers forgot, or didn't think of, or just haven't gotten around to doing yet... then it would be nice if it would change. That's the only reason I posted.

If it's an actual design choice, then I'll learn to adapt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.