DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
Davenlr said:
The same Steven Wallace that totals a car in every race? Yea, Id want him driving my stuff! NOT.
That boy does not belong in a race car. Have you seen interviews with him? Not to discriminate or anything but he has some sort of tick that makes him close his eyes every few seconds. That, to me, would be a medical condition that should keep him off the track.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
edgo41 said:
I understand he has Turrets Syndrome (not sure on the spelling). Supposed to be on meds for it, however he still wrecks a lot.
I would think that should keep him out of a car for everyone's safety. Shutting your eyes like that is not good when driving at nearly 200mph.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
dogs31 said:
Will we have the option to choose between network audio and uncensored driver audio? And will that audio feed be interrupted by commercials?
Uncensored? LOL

We only had uncensored the first year of Hotpass and even then only for a few races. Asking for hotpass to be uncensored is like asking a car to be a boat.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
No. Shark fin has nothing to do with rear down force. The shark fin is in place for keeping the car stuck to the track when it gets turned completely sideways.
I realize what it does... It also has the opposite effect at times. Did you not see the cars getting turned way too easily? I did...

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
They need to quit panning the cameras on the cars and leave them stationary. There have been many times where I've thought Tony was spinning out but it was just the idiot panning the camera.

UPDATE: and when Tony was just knocked into the wall you couldn't tell because they were once again panning the camera.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
alnielsen said:
I've been watching the Stewart channel. You heard the announcer say the yellow was for him in the wall. I was WTF until they showed his rear quarter. You couldn't tell anything had happened from the picture or audio.
Yeah, same here. They can't just leave the cameras alone. They have to pan like every 10 seconds.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
What bums me out most regarding the camera angles is when they show the rear camera when no one is close while ignoring a great battle happening in front of the car. Same goes when there is nothing in front and they ignore a action taking place right behind them. And there is nothing more worthless than the angle showing the driver in his seat unless it's during a wreck. Whomever operates these cameras or chooses which camera are either clueless about racing, stupid or both.
Agreed.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
Every time I decide to give HotPass another shot I wind up getting PO'd again.... I've been watching Smoke's channel and his camera has been the secondary, smaller, window on his channel all race. I thought the point of HotPass was to be able to watch your driver with the network broadcast in the BACKGROUND.

Oh, and no positions scrolling across the top either.

Oh, and now they pop up the "team communications" graphic and have "Darian Grubb" listed as his crew chief. Do the HotPass people even know what NASCAR is?!?!?!

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
ChuckZ said:
I too am a bit peeved with this weeks showing. I was watching Juniors channel and it appeared to me that the drivers audio was dropped from about lap 15 to about lap 35. Plus a couple other times it appeared that it was out...Junior is usually more vocal. During the first time, there were "beeps", which may have been them trying to get the audio back (?). The second time, there was "breaking squelch" sounds. It also appeared to me that the network audio was at times as loud or louder than the driver. I betcha if addressed, DTV will say it's all NASCAR's fault. BS! I don't know if any of the other drivers channels had the same problem, because I am experimenting this year (during Fox's run) with allowing the buffer to fill up for an hour and fast forwarding through the commercials AND the mini ads and anything else that bothers me...I would have lost the buffering if I changed channels.
That's DirecTV's version of censorship.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.