DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly confident we will see NASCAR Hotpass return in 2012 probably with the exact same features we had in 2011.

Obviously I'm looking forward to 2012 following a thrilling 2011 Chase. Also looking forward to seeing Danica run full time in the NNS series.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Speed will be broadcasting Daytona testing (live) from 1pm to 5pm EST January 12th thru 14th.

Obviously nothing exciting but it's always cool to see cars on track and get the very latest info.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Aric Almirola has been officially signed to drive the 43. This will open up the 88 NNS ride. Jr will have lots of options. Ragan, Vickers, Sorenson, Speed...Cole Whitt seems to be the favorite but he's signed to Red Bull which may conflict with Jr's affiliation with PepsiCo. (AMP)

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rusty Wallace has closed up shop. Shocking.

I bet Penske is bummed that they signed AJ Allmendinger. If they'd waited they could have snagged Steven Wallace.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The thing with Steven is that he's fast but he tries to drive the car beyond it's limits. He's gotten better but he needs better stuff. But you don't get better stuff when you wreck what you have. Owners don't like that.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
dogs31 said:
Will we have the option to choose between network audio and uncensored driver audio? And will that audio feed be interrupted by commercials?
I don't think we'll be getting any type of audio options. They seemed to have settled in with what we've had for the past couple of seasons. The only uncensored audio I've found is when I am sitting at the track listening to my scanner. I do, however, subscribe to Trackpass Scanner from NASCAR.com. It's somewhat censored but a lot gets through. I feel it's a good deal overall for me because I am a ridiculously addicted to racing.:)

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
noahproblem said:
It's good to see cars out on the track, even if it's just for testing.

I also see they've outlawed drivers talking directly talking to each other over the radio, trying to break up the 2 car drafts (that rule is in effect all season, not just for the plate races).
Among other things. I think the softer springs, shorter spoilers and additional horsepower are going to make things really dicey. NASCAR wants to see some 10-20 car packs today so they can try to gauge how the changes are working. If the 2 car thing persists they won't hesitate to make more changes.

I like that NASCAR has listened to the fans and realized that this 2 car BS is not racing.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just over 2 weeks until Speedweeks. I am so ready for things to get rolling again.

Also, NASCAR.com is doing away with Pit Command but they will still offer Raceview and Scanner.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
ecamp02 said:
Anyone heard of any new features on Hotpass this year? Or maybe some of the old ones coming back? I would still like to see a channel with the TV broadcast full screen with your choice of driver audio to overlay the broadcast audio. I'm pretty sure they did have this at one point. It would be nice to have it back.
I haven't read about any changes. For me the best option is Trackpass Scanner from NASCAR.com while I watch the race broadcast.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Cars will be on track tomorrow for practice and racing in the Bud Shootout on Saturday.
Also, Speed will be showing the Bud Shootout starting position drawing tomorrow night at 8.

It's a relatively short off season but it seemingly takes forever.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
They've made the rear spoiler too short. The lack of downforce on the rear of the cars is going to cause a mess. I'll he shocked if there isn't at least one GWC.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
RunnerFL said:
I don't think the spoiler is too short, the shark fin is too tall.
No. Shark fin has nothing to do with rear down force. The shark fin is in place for keeping the car stuck to the track when it gets turned completely sideways.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
"JoeTheDragon" said:
The channel says Order NASCAR HotPass

It is HD but names are just CAR # and not CAR HD #
They were just added sometime on Monday. I'm confident they'll have it sorted in a day or 2.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
ecamp02 said:
Anyone heard of any new features on Hotpass this year? Or maybe some of the old ones coming back? I would still like to see a channel with the TV broadcast full screen with your choice of driver audio to overlay the broadcast audio. I'm pretty sure they did have this at one point. It would be nice to have it back.
I haven't heard about any changes from 2011 to 2012. I think they've pretty much settled on what we've had for the past couple of years.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.