DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 195 Posts

·
Godfather
544 Posts
edgo41 said:
Well, I'm a bean counter, not an English major. Sorry to get it wrong!
That's okay. I like beans! We're okay. :D

RunnerFL said:
They still let the Busch brothers drive...
:p

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
dogs31 said:
Will we have the option to choose between network audio and uncensored driver audio? And will that audio feed be interrupted by commercials?
I don't think we'll be getting any type of audio options. They seemed to have settled in with what we've had for the past couple of seasons. The only uncensored audio I've found is when I am sitting at the track listening to my scanner. I do, however, subscribe to Trackpass Scanner from NASCAR.com. It's somewhat censored but a lot gets through. I feel it's a good deal overall for me because I am a ridiculously addicted to racing.:)

·
2 Posts
Hi all, just to let everyone know, Hotpass WILL be back for the 2012 season. Also, Directv does not censor any of the driver audio channels. That is done from site and the host network. FOX/TNT/ESPN/ABC. 98% of the chatter "Gets past the goalie". But if a driver blows a fuse they do hit the dump button. Also, Directv does not control the in-car cameras or the commercial schedule. "Heard" this from a "reliable" source. Hope this info helps. Should be an awesome season!

·
Legend
164 Posts
How about we all just agree that someone censors what we hear on hotpass, because I, too, have a trackpass through nascar.com and a lot more expletives make it thru on trackpass. Lets just say the same somone who censors hotpass is not the same someone who censors trackpass. ;)

·
Legend
132 Posts
It's good to see cars out on the track, even if it's just for testing.

I also see they've outlawed drivers talking directly talking to each other over the radio, trying to break up the 2 car drafts (that rule is in effect all season, not just for the plate races).

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
noahproblem said:
It's good to see cars out on the track, even if it's just for testing.

I also see they've outlawed drivers talking directly talking to each other over the radio, trying to break up the 2 car drafts (that rule is in effect all season, not just for the plate races).
Among other things. I think the softer springs, shorter spoilers and additional horsepower are going to make things really dicey. NASCAR wants to see some 10-20 car packs today so they can try to gauge how the changes are working. If the 2 car thing persists they won't hesitate to make more changes.

I like that NASCAR has listened to the fans and realized that this 2 car BS is not racing.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,459 Posts
RunnerFL said:
Uncensored? LOL

We only had uncensored the first year of Hotpass and even then only for a few races. Asking for hotpass to be uncensored is like asking a car to be a boat.
Submitted for your consideration:

·
AllStar
94 Posts
Good news. I've noted that when cars are on Hotpass, the Trackpass audio for the same cars will be dumped. I follow Harvick and trackpass is much more lively when he isn't featured on tv. I suspect they have one person following each Hotpass driver, and maybe trackpass has a few other people monitoring 2 or 3 channels so more could get through if they are slow on the dump button.

Seems like adults could leave the tv on the network channel if there is something on Hotpass that they consider offensive, but you know--big brother is helping you out.

rld1214 said:
Hi all, just to let everyone know, Hotpass WILL be back for the 2012 season. Also, Directv does not censor any of the driver audio channels. That is done from site and the host network. FOX/TNT/ESPN/ABC. 98% of the chatter "Gets past the goalie". But if a driver blows a fuse they do hit the dump button. Also, Directv does not control the in-car cameras or the commercial schedule. "Heard" this from a "reliable" source. Hope this info helps. Should be an awesome season!

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just over 2 weeks until Speedweeks. I am so ready for things to get rolling again.

Also, NASCAR.com is doing away with Pit Command but they will still offer Raceview and Scanner.

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Anyone heard of any new features on Hotpass this year? Or maybe some of the old ones coming back? I would still like to see a channel with the TV broadcast full screen with your choice of driver audio to overlay the broadcast audio. I'm pretty sure they did have this at one point. It would be nice to have it back.

·
Godfather
748 Posts
I wish they had this going for the Daytona 24Hr. They had the in car cameras for 4 different cars streaming on the web.

21 - 40 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.