DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 195 Posts

·
Freethinker
Joined
·
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
ecamp02 said:
Anyone heard of any new features on Hotpass this year? Or maybe some of the old ones coming back? I would still like to see a channel with the TV broadcast full screen with your choice of driver audio to overlay the broadcast audio. I'm pretty sure they did have this at one point. It would be nice to have it back.
I haven't read about any changes. For me the best option is Trackpass Scanner from NASCAR.com while I watch the race broadcast.
 

·
Freethinker
Joined
·
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Cars will be on track tomorrow for practice and racing in the Bud Shootout on Saturday.
Also, Speed will be showing the Bud Shootout starting position drawing tomorrow night at 8.

It's a relatively short off season but it seemingly takes forever.
 

·
Geek til I die
Joined
·
9,821 Posts
Well, the ARCA race was pretty typical. One major wreck during the commercial break, and a boring race until the last 4 laps... Yawn.

Very sorry to hear that Christopher Myers, 19 yr old son of Fox Studio announcer, Chris Myers was killed in a car accident though. All the best to him and his family. He is one of the better announcers on Fox.

Now the Bud Shootout is the kind of racing I like to see (well, except for the cars barrel rolling).
 

·
Freethinker
Joined
·
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
They've made the rear spoiler too short. The lack of downforce on the rear of the cars is going to cause a mess. I'll he shocked if there isn't at least one GWC.
 

·
Freethinker
Joined
·
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
RunnerFL said:
I don't think the spoiler is too short, the shark fin is too tall.
No. Shark fin has nothing to do with rear down force. The shark fin is in place for keeping the car stuck to the track when it gets turned completely sideways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,050 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
No. Shark fin has nothing to do with rear down force. The shark fin is in place for keeping the car stuck to the track when it gets turned completely sideways.
I realize what it does... It also has the opposite effect at times. Did you not see the cars getting turned way too easily? I did...
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
748 Posts
RunnerFL said:
I realize what it does... It also has the opposite effect at times. Did you not see the cars getting turned way too easily? I did...
That had nothing to do with the fin. You could also say how it helped K. Busch from spinning out a few times.
 

·
Geek til I die
Joined
·
9,821 Posts
alnielsen said:
That had nothing to do with the fin. You could also say how it helped K. Busch from spinning out a few times.
Kyle Busch helped Kyle Busch from spinning out three times. I cannot imagine sliding sideways at 180 mph, and not wrecking. He may not be much on the personality and street driving laws, but the man can drive a race car better than anyone else on that track.
 

·
Freethinker
Joined
·
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
"JoeTheDragon" said:
The channel says Order NASCAR HotPass

It is HD but names are just CAR # and not CAR HD #
They were just added sometime on Monday. I'm confident they'll have it sorted in a day or 2.
 

·
Freethinker
Joined
·
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
ecamp02 said:
Anyone heard of any new features on Hotpass this year? Or maybe some of the old ones coming back? I would still like to see a channel with the TV broadcast full screen with your choice of driver audio to overlay the broadcast audio. I'm pretty sure they did have this at one point. It would be nice to have it back.
I haven't heard about any changes from 2011 to 2012. I think they've pretty much settled on what we've had for the past couple of years.
 
41 - 60 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top