DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASCAR HOTPASS will be free this Saturday to all customers in both SD and HD.

Channel range is 790-799 for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 400 at Daytona International Speedway.

The four featured drivers this week are:

Jeff Burton
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Jeff Gordon
Kevin Harvick

Don't forget on channels 794 and 799 are an additional 13 audio options for 13 additional drivers. Fans can vote for those drivers now at directv.com/hotpass.

The Half Season offer has also started at $69....three payments of $23 for those interested in the remainder of the NASCAR season.

·
Godfather
292 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
NASCAR HOTPASS will be free this Saturday to all customers in both SD and HD.

Channel range is 790-799 for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 400 at Daytona International Speedway.

The four featured drivers this week are:

Jeff Burton
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Jeff Gordon
Kevin Harvick

Don't forget on channels 794 and 799 are an additional 13 audio options for 13 additional drivers. Fans can vote for those drivers now at directv.com/hotpass.

The Half Season offer has also started at $69....three payments of $23 for those interested in the remainder of the NASCAR season.
Thanks for the heads up :goodjob:

·
Mentor
38 Posts
As a new subscriber to DirecTV I am interested in the Nascar Hotpass. I will definitely have to give it a look see this upcoming weekend to see if it is worth the money to me.

Question, Can you DVR the Hotpass channel of your choice? I tend to be out and about with the wife during the race and have to watch it on my DVR afterward.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Nucleartiger said:
As a new subscriber to DirecTV I am interested in the Nascar Hotpass. I will definitely have to give it a look see this upcoming weekend to see if it is worth the money to me.

Question, Can you DVR the Hotpass channel of your choice? I tend to be out and about with the wife during the race and have to watch it on my DVR afterward.
Recording doesn't usually work. Many have tried. I think it has something to do with the audio options.

·
Godfather
271 Posts
Works fine for me. I have two DVR's and use one to record two feeds every week and watch them during the week. I watch Jr's feed live, then watch the broadcast and the two other incar feeds later that I have recorded. Means I end up watching the race four times, but I'm a nutcase. :)

SPACEMAKER said:
Recording doesn't usually work. Many have tried. I think it has something to do with the audio options.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nucleartiger said:

Works for me. I typically setup a manual recording when I do it.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
I stand corrected. I guess my assumptions that it doesn't work were a result of reading complaints in the main Hotpass thread.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,862 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
I stand corrected. I guess my assumptions that it doesn't work were a result of reading complaints in the main Hotpass thread.
No, you are correct and the others are wrong. Sure, you can record it, but none of the audio or other interactive features work when you watch the recorded Hotpass channels... or even if you are watching it just a few seconds or minutes behind in the "live buffer".

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
I've noticed that to get the audio feeds to work after I've paused the action or went back that I'd sometimes have to hit the replay button. It's just a matter of manipulating it a bit.

·
Godfather
271 Posts
Yes, I usaully rewind a little. After a while it will kick in.

SPACEMAKER said:
I've noticed that to get the audio feeds to work after I've paused the action or went back that I'd sometimes have to hit the replay button. It's just a matter of manipulating it a bit.

·
Mentor
37 Posts
One question I would like to ask. Can you change between camera angles? In the Hotpass FAQ, is said there were four different angles.

This will be the first time I get to use Hotpass, so I was a little curious.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
Sing1gniS said:
One question I would like to ask. Can you change between camera angles? In the Hotpass FAQ, is said there were four different angles.

This will be the first time I get to use Hotpass, so I was a little curious.
Cannot change angles. They usually show 3 views at a time.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
bhelton71 said:
Just for entertainment value - they should have the Juan Pablo channel. I bet that dude is hilarious. "Oh no you did not - no one cuts off Juan Pablo..."
One time during a Busch race last year JPM's crew chief told him to ease up on pit road and let some of the other cars go by.

Juan's reply was: "Hell no...hell no. If you are looking for that type of driver I am not your guy."

It was hilarious.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
SPACEMAKER said:
Cannot change angles. They usually show 3 views at a time.
What is used for video on the Audio channels? I have seen the 4 camera angles being backhauled to somewhere along with a quad split of at least 3 in one picture.

·
Freethinker
3,183 Posts
JohnH said:
What is used for video on the Audio channels? I have seen the 4 camera angles being backhauled to somewhere along with a quad split of at least 3 in one picture.
The driver audio channel is the Network feed. You can choose from a list of 13 drivers and hear the team audio and network audio simultaneously.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.