DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Directv.com acct management now has Nascar Hotpass up to order, 2 payments of the earlybird price, 2 at $39.50
Reg price is $99 EB is $79

Just ordered mine.

·
Legend
197 Posts
Did you confirm with D* that it was ordered? I ordered mine on 12/15 from channel 215 and when I now tune the channel it says "you are authorized for this program" With all the glitches with the HR20 I decided to call D* to see if they had a record of my order - They didn't! :nono2: My advice, double check!

·
Legend
184 Posts
tjboyd said:
Did you confirm with D* that it was ordered? I ordered mine on 12/15 from channel 215 and when I now tune the channel it says "you are authorized for this program" With all the glitches with the HR20 I decided to call D* to see if they had a record of my order - They didn't! :nono2: My advice, double check!
Good advice tjBoyd! I just ordered Hotpass through my NRTC coop (MidWisconsin DBS) who bills me for my D* service. 2 rings on phone and answered and 2 minutes later I was signed up. I only call D* itself if I want to change equip etc. or need tech help and have only done that twice in 7 years. :)

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I'm still wondering if it is actually worth it......

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
tjboyd said:
Since you ordered by remote D* will not have a record of it until your HR20 phones home and uploads your order activity to the billing system. You should ask a CSR to send the phone home signal to your HR20 it should display the red record light when calling out.

·
AllStar
83 Posts
The FAQs on the DIRECTV website says that all residential customers will get NASCAR Hot Pass FREE for the Daytona 500. The biggest downside that I see is that with "in car cameras" for only 5 drivers per week, a large number of potential fans won't be "in-car" with their favortie driver very many times during the 37 race season. Will folks be willing to pay for the entire season if their favorite driver is only featured with in-car cameras 5-10 times per year? I to will wait for the free preview before I commit.

·
Legend
150 Posts
I ordered this for my wife (she is a bigger fan than I am). I am not too worried about the in-car cameras. She is a big Junior fan. And the odds are he will be one of the five in car camera drivers. :)

·
Legend
184 Posts
zipbags said:
I ordered this for my wife (she is a bigger fan than I am). I am not too worried about the in-car cameras. She is a big Junior fan. And the odds are he will be one of the five in car camera drivers. :)
I hope your right that Junior will be one of the 5 cars most of the time. With Roush making a deal with E* to sponser their team part time I don't think D* will want any of their cars among the 5! But maybe NASCAR will pick the 5. Just have to wait and see. :) Anyhow I'm all signed up for Hotpass.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
Badger said:
I hope your right that Junior will be one of the 5 cars most of the time. With Roush making a deal with E* to sponser their team part time I don't think D* will want any of their cars among the 5! But maybe NASCAR will pick the 5. Just have to wait and see. :) Anyhow I'm all signed up for Hotpass.
They need to have Kahne as 1 every week, screww those other none Mopar driving candy a$$e$! :lol:

·
Legend/Supporter
355 Posts
It would be nice if they offered this on a weekly basis. I would take it when my driver (Kahne) is one of the five. Maybe 5.00 a race sound fair?

·
Mentor
36 Posts
Is that all that a subscriber gets is "in-car camera"? I would order it if I could watch the TV feed and hear audio similar to NASCAR Track Pass.

·
AllStar
83 Posts
You do get the national feed(FOX, ESPN) and commo between driver and pit in addition to the in-car camera on up to 5 different D* channels. Have seen various screen shots that D* has provided to the national media to the hype the deal. I think this is a real big deal for D* because they are "Producing" this sports subscription, not just provding the national feeds like MLB and ST, have heard they have hired approximately 75 folks to actually produce this event every week, will have their own announcers, additional cameras in the corners etc., . Also heard it will take 200,000-250,000 subscriptions to break even. Hmmmmmmm. with tv rating way down(34 of the 36 races last year including Homestead that was down 20% from 2005) and attendance hurting(not even half the races are selling out) that may be a stretch to get that many subscribers.

·
Mentor
36 Posts
Does this mean you don't lose coverage during commercials? That may make it worth the price. I will definitely try during the Daytona 500.

·
AllStar
83 Posts
Hmmmmm hadn't heard about how commercial breaks will be handled. If they never break away from the race action, I'll pay double for that kind of package! !:lol:

·
Legend
184 Posts
I'd be real interested to have someone post here after the Daytona 500 and let us know what features you gain by having an "interactive recevier" as I have only the DTivos (non-interactive) and the FAQ is somewhat vague in this area.

Per the HotPass FAQ:

What kind of audio features does NASCAR HotPass offer?

Two announcers per channel will describe the action from start to finish. You'll also hear the dialogue between the driver and his team on their internal communications system. You can switch to the live broadcast audio at any time.​
(Hmmm... I wonder if you need the interactive receiver to switch audio.)

Do I need any special DIRECTV equipment to watch NASCAR HotPass?

No. All DIRECTV receivers allow you to view NASCAR HotPass channels. However, some additional interactive features may be included in the package, which will require an interactive receiver to use those added features. The D10, D11, HR20 models are all interactive at this time.

Also: Isn't the R15 and 'interactive' recevier?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BillPear said:
Agreed, they'd have to give me a free taste before they hooked me!
They will, The Daytona 500 will be a free preview.

When INDEMAND had NASCAR INCAR, the 500 and the July PEPSI 400 were free every year.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.