DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else disapointed about the whole tire issue at the Brickyard this last Sunday. I was reading a forum somewhere on the web by a guy that was there and he said he couldn't hear the cars or racing over all the 'boo' from the fans.

They really only needed to race the last 11 laps and we would have gotten darn near the same results. Sad on NASCAR and Good-Year's part.

And they wonder why there attendence and ratings are dropping.:nono:

Just wondering what you all felt.

diclaimer: this was my $.02

· Godfather
308 Posts
this by far was the most pathetic auto race i have ever seen , even worse then being in mich one year while the drove under caution at one point for well over 50 laps in the rain .....i did notice the stands only seemed to be about 70% ..wow i cant remember seeing that many empty seats ..almost looked the truck race at texas .i used to watch every race start to finish , i have not done that daytona 01 ..sad to say ....

· Cool Member
18 Posts
As bad as this was, could you imagine the reaction if they did something similar to the 2005 F1 "race" at Indy?

(feel free to google "f1 usgp debacle" or go to wikipedia and look for "2005 united states grand prix" - I don't have enough posts yet to put up a URL)

The F1 race had multiple tire makers, but the general point is the same - in that a major race event had a huge foul-up that probably could have been prevented.

WoofusMaximus

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
I hate to say this but maybe NASCAR needs to think about moving the Allstate 400 to another track (such as Kentucky) until this issue can be corrected.
The 400 mile tire test was an embarrassment to not just NASCAR, Goodyear, but to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and ESPN.

· AllStar
65 Posts
Goodyear had a tire that made it through the Indy 500 ok. So they knew the surface.
NASCAR should have had an open test since this was the first year of the new car at IMS.
IMS should have just repaved the frakkin track instead of diamond grinding it.

The perfect frak up.

· Godfather
441 Posts
This had to be the worst race of all time. Tony was wright about GoodYear .They messed up one of the biggest races of the year.Nascar has drivers and owners scared to say what they realy think.Remember about 3 or 4 weeks ago they had that meeting in the garage telling them how good they have it and not to complane.

· Hall Of Fame
2,423 Posts
Tinymon said:
Goodyear had a tire that made it through the Indy 500 ok. So they knew the surface.
The Indy cars use Firestone tires not Goodyear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.